First trailer for POKÉMON Detective Pikachu movie released

detective pika.JPG

The POKÉMON Detective Pikachu movie featuring the world-famous electric rat and co. just had its first trailer released! POKÉMON Detective Pikachu stars Ryan Reynolds as the voice of the titular character in the first-ever live-action movie based on the Pokémon brand. The movie releases in theaters May 11, 2019.

The story begins when ace private eye Harry Goodman goes mysteriously missing, prompting his 21-year-old son Tim to find out what happened. Aiding in the investigation is Harry’s former Pokémon partner, Detective Pikachu: a hilariously wise-cracking, adorable super-sleuth who is a puzzlement even to himself. Finding that they are uniquely equipped to communicate with one another, Tim and Pikachu join forces on a thrilling adventure to unravel the tangled mystery. Chasing clues together through the neon-lit streets of Ryme City—a sprawling, modern metropolis where humans and Pokémon live side by side in a hyper-realistic live-action world—they encounter a diverse cast of Pokémon characters and uncover a shocking plot that could destroy this peaceful co-existence and threaten the whole Pokémon universe.

The movie is directed by Rob Letterman (“Goosebumps,” “Monsters Vs. Aliens”) with the visual effects handled by Moving Picture Company (“Wonder Woman”) and Framestore (“Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2”) while Warner Bros. Pictures will distribute the movie outside of China and Japan.

What are your thoughts about the first trailer?

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 735

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Legit this is the first time I want to watch a live action.
They're doing it with an original story, which is smart.
they should make a tv serie with thisart style
Based on the game (with badge, Team Rocket, adn such)
But, with this art style (real people and 3d pokemon)

Seriously, I'd totally watch that

Reactions: tyrantnyx
D

Deleted User

MC got brownwashed, Jigglypuff got furwashed and story got badHollywoodwritingwashed.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My wife and I are hope about this movie! This trailer alone makes me want to complete the 3DS demo and eventually get the full game! Kinda interesting that they changed Tim but I'm cool with it!

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So it turns out the designs for Pokemon in this movie were based on the realistic Pokemon designs of RJ Palmer, who IIRC also did some of those horror depictions you've probably seen floating around the web. This explains the odd look.

https://kotaku.com/realistic-pokemon-artist-got-a-job-on-the-detective-p-1830396116

Kinda surprised Nintendo wanted to take this kind of hard turn for depictions of Pokemon in media, but I credit them for the risk and it may well pay off. Has certainly piqued my interest.

ROMANREIGNS599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AAAAAHHHH, I searched so much as a kid "pokemon movie" and then "pokemon film" and then "pokemon real life film", finally it's happening

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Ready to just leave this place anyway. The amount of shit talking and bullying behavior that...