First trailer for animated 'Shenmue' series released

shenmue animation.png

After being announced last year, we now have our first look at Shenmue: The Animation, an animated series based on the classic Shenmue video game series. The teaser trailer was aired during this year's New York Comic Con and you can watch it below:

Based on the SEGA game franchise, SHENMUE follows the journey of Ryo Hazuki. After he witnesses his father’s murder at the family dojo, Ryo dedicates his life to finding the man responsible—a mission that takes him from the streets of Yokosuka, Japan to the sprawling metropolis of Hong Kong, and beyond. Soon he will learn that larger, mystical forces are at play as he trains to become the ultimate martial artist in his quest for revenge.

Produced by Adult Swim and Crunchyroll, Shenmue: The Animation will comprise of 13 episodes, with series creator and game designer Yu Suzuki acting as Executive Producer for the project. It is expected to premiere sometime in 2022.

:arrow: SOURCE

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
its not even that cool
Its the antithesis of cool. Its mundane, its slow paced, its a little awkward. And its perfect. :)

You basically start to see your younger self in the character (or your younger self identifying with the character way back when), and then cheer every time the character breaks out of his shell, and actually achieves one of his idealistic goals, by - becoming a dock worker for a week, or...

Its pure bliss. :) Its the 1980s nostalgia of a Japan that never existed, but that was yours, when you were young. :) And even though you/the protagonist were awkward, you never were a looser, because - you knew Martial Arts ( ;) ), and there were your friends, and Tom and...

Its life simulation - the game. Its nostalgia in a box.

But its not for people "looking for the next challenge" (why do I have to wait another ingame day and why is there no fast forward action, and...).

Its perfect. :) (The first game is. Second is good as well. (I mean, if you arent hooked for the journey by the first one...) Even the third game had the charm just right... :) But was very clunky in other aspects. :) (And plot progression wasnt its strong point.) )

Last edited by notimp,

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Its the antithesis of cool. Its mundane, its slow paced, its a little awkward. And its perfect. :)

You basically start to see your younger self in the character (or your younger self identifying with the character way back when), and then cheer every time the character breaks out of his shell, and actually achieves one of his idealistic goals, by - becoming a dock worker for a week, or...

Its pure bliss. :) Its the 1980s nostalgia of a Japan that never existed, but that was yours, when you were young. :) And even though you/the protagonist were awkward, you never were a looser, because - you knew Martial Arts ( ;) ), and there were your friends, and Tom and...

Its life simulation - the game. Its nostalgia in a box.

But its not for people "looking for the next challenge" (why do I have to wait another day and why is there no fast forward action, and...).

Its perfect. :) (The first game is. Second is good as well. (I mean, if you arent hooked for the journey by the first one...) Even the third game had the charm just right... :) But was very clunky in other aspects. :) )
thats about it, nostalgia. I guess i dont like simulations, i lok at it from gameplay perspective and fun factor.
I guress game is good but i dont see the appeal.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yeah, the game WAS cool... for a few minutes, and a gigantic slap in the face for those that actually finished the thing, as there was no closure.
It became a bit of a cult-hit, because of it's wild ambitions, and Yu Suzuki's promises.

You don't have a game here, it's more alike to an experiment.
And in the end you'll scratch your head and think... "Wha...?"

I hope the show is like the game. Countless hours of pass time and 5 minutes of story advancements.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.