First Time Wii Motion Plus User for the Incoming Skyward Sword

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Ipitydafool, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Ipitydafool
    OP

Newcomer Ipitydafool Newbie

United States
    So with the upcoming release of Skyward Sword I want to make sure I'm ready to play the game on launch day. I've had a modded Wii for a long time, but have never played a Wii Motion Plus game on it. I've bought plenty of retail games (mostly Nintendo games) and have been fine to play them by running them through Gecko and skipping updates. Also, I used today ModMii and downloaded all the cIOS'es and installed them with my WAD Manager. But I heard there is a video you need to watch to play a Wii Motion Plus game. Assuming I:
    • Have every cIOS installed on my Wii
    • Own a retail copy of Skyward Sword and Wii Motion Plus
    • Skip any updates on the disc using Gecko (or I could download Priiloader if neccessary)
    Will the Wii Motion Plus video play fine and then I can play Zelda without any problems after the video plays. Thanks for the help!

2. Sorox

Member Sorox Master Firo Soul

United States
    As long as you have the retail copy of SS and you have updates blocked, you should be fine.

3. Ipitydafool
    OP

Newcomer Ipitydafool Newbie

United States
    Thanks man. I can rest easy now.

4. Darksabre72
    This message by Darksabre72 has been removed from public view by Veho, Nov 27, 2016, Reason: Necro.
    Nov 26, 2016
  5. Ryccardo
    This message by Ryccardo has been removed from public view by Veho, Nov 27, 2016, Reason: Necro.
    Nov 26, 2016