Hacking First time Modder

litium

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi! I'm going to softmod my wii and i wanted to kno a few things:

-Since it's a new wii, i'll likely have to install bootmii as an IOS. If i install priiloader, will i be able to recover from semi and banner bricks? (I know that i wont be able to recover from full bricks).

-If i use wad manager to install Wiiware or VC will i have any problems? Like, installing a reegionfree wad? or a converted one? (J to U).

Thanks in advanced.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
1) yes, you can fix them.
2) It can be some problems with some games. Some just won't accept to be regionfreed or switched to Japanse example.

Else I would recommend you to check out the Complete softmod guide.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
litium said:
-Since it's a new wii, i'll likely have to install bootmii as an IOS. If i install priiloader, will i be able to recover from semi and banner bricks? (I know that i wont be able to recover from full bricks).Priiloader can recover from most anything that does not mess up the System Menu IOS; it can definitely be used to circumvent banner bricks and probably semi bricks. I don't recall if it can be used to circumvent bad theme installs (with MyMenuify).

QUOTE(litium @ Jun 7 2010, 09:10 AM) -If i use wad manager to install Wiiware or VC will i have any problems? Like, installing a reegionfree wad? or a converted one? (J to U).
WiiWare/VC games typically act up more than disc games do when played out of region. You can try using the Priiloader regionfree channel/game hacks. For optimal safety, try installing different-region games to a NAND dump and test/run them using Triiforce, which because it uses NAND emulation will not threaten the stability of your System Menu.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I don't recall if it can be used to circumvent bad theme installs (with MyMenuify).
It can. The menu itself doesn't need to actually work.

The only requirements for priiloader are that the SM's IOS is present and functional, and the SM has not been uninstalled.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lulz @Veho