First Time Camper *HELP*

[M]artin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just finalized plans with a 2 buddies to do some camping for a Wii this Saturday night - Sunday morning. Did a little research and I found out that the weather isn't gonna be all that great (30 degrees low, 40 degrees high
cry.gif
). There are also two places that I can go. A Gamestop with 50 units in the 'burbs or a Target near my house with only 33 units. We're planning on setting up camp at the Gamestop and saving the Target as a last resort. We're riding in my friends Expedition so I was wondering if we could switch off places in the line then head back to the car for warmth or whatever (although, I don't want fanboys riding my @$$ in line). I've never camped out for anything before, any tips or suggestions?
happy.gif

kingeightsix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well, first off you're gonna need your sleeping bag... i say carry an extra thin one to layer yourself up for warmth. swapping with your friends in the car will be pretty good... but make sure you got like... 3 or 4 guys because you're gonna need company while you camp just in case you get bored out of your mind. so 2 wait & 2 camp... when you're shift is up you swap both people.

Magus19

Trophies
Website
rotdteam.sourceforge.net
XP
Country
Canada
if your going for a long wait bieng 2 is more fun. I did it for 14 hours for Iron Maiden tickets and it's like it takes eternity. Bring food, warm shirts and coats. DS, music. Maybe a raincoat. Going in the car to warm shouldn't be a problem if you are 2, but don't spend the entire night in it because people might not like it and you could lose a few places in the line, depending on how it's done. Try to have fun, and stay awake to play it after. When I buy mine I will still have my 9 hour shift selling Wiis before I can play mine....

Akoji

+5 internets to psyfira for avatar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah im going to camp too in front of a Wal Mart , but im not sure if it worth it since in the area , nintendo is not really popular , because at school and the people i know (it a small town) are more Sony/Microsoft fans. And the last week end i was in a Video Game festival and the most of the people i saw there and i talked to(a lot since it was for a schoolwork) said that they were going to search for some the 19th and if they are all sold out they would wait , so what is better camp or go there early at 4am ...

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm also a first time camper. I can't wait. I just saw the PS3 lines tonight, and my plans for the Wii were to go to Wal Mart at 4am, but thats not going to work. I now have to convince my (non hardcore gamer) friend to go there at 10PM Saturday. Dangnabbit.

edgeblade69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As others said, bring food, beverages (possibly hot if it will be too cold for you), blankets/coats/layered clothing, and some form(s) of entertainment. It's supposed to be 40-50 here where I live Saturday night. I plan to get to my EB around or 8 or 9pm for the 12am launch even though I have a preorder. Just want to make sure I don't get screwed. Plus I like the camping experience. My friend and I went to our 24hr Walmart for GCN in 2001, that was fun. We played GBA most of the 2-3 hour wait. We got there somewhere between 9-10pm and there were around 10 or so people ahead of us. I think a couple of people may have been there for X-Boxes as that launched a few days prior.

Anyways, the most important part is to enjoy it and tell any employees who treat you like crap to f*** off (see kotaku.com for info on that).

bakhalishta

my teef hurt
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well im not going to start camping before 2 am that for sure.

but i will go see if theres even a waiting line in front of the wal mart every 2 hours.

That's exactly what we're doing
tongue.gif

First we're checking the Toys R Us in Angrignon, then Best Buy and Futureshop... We'll pick the least crowded one
smile.gif

Which wal-mart in montreal you're going to camp ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1