First screens of The Conduit 2!

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by WaRMarinE, Apr 1, 2010.

Apr 1, 2010
  1. WaRMarinE
    OP

Member WaRMarinE GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    Some screenshots of the new game of High Voltage Software have been unveiled. Check this out:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Source: IGN.com

I think this game will suck just like the first part. What do you think?

2. squall23

Member squall23 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I liked the original. It wasn't a great game, but I can't say it was bad either. Although after playing RS2, it's going to be really hard to be excited for this game.

3. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    those look fucking shit metroid prime looks better than this it's like their using a ps2 dev kit!

4. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    First off...

A) Most Wii games look like shit in screenies. There's only a few that don't. The game will look MUCH better in motion.
    B) This doesn't look like the final product. Odds are there will be various improvements.

Anyway, IDK how the game will be. At first when High Voltage started announcing a lot of "hardcore" titles for the Wii last year I was psyched for the company, but then it seemed to crumble. Gladiator AD looks awful now as whatever it's called, Animales de la Muerte looks pretty much dead, The Grinder has gone multiplatform and pushed to an insane release date. The first Conduit was pretty generic as it came for FPS games, but it was definitely one of the better Wii ones. If they can make the online better (like try to limit cheaters and eliminate lag, maybe further progression with voice chat too) and have good splitscreen modes, that's all I need. I don't really care about the generic storyline.

EDIT: To clarify, THESE ARE NOT WHAT THE GRAPHICS WILL LOOK LIKE IN THE END.

5. Dragoon709

Member Dragoon709 GBAtemp Regular

Canada

Would not surprise me one bit...... :S

6. Bladexdsl

Australia
    they said that with the conduit but in the end they looked exactly like it .

7. X D D X

Member X D D X GBAtemp Advanced Fan

New Zealand
    There's still a lot of dev time left, and the Quantum 3 engine is still being refined.

8. yuyuyup

Member yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    The Grinder will be multiplatform, but Wii version remains FPS, others 3rd person

9. Bladexdsl

Australia
    again they said that with conduit 1 like they still had more time to polish it and they even found a way to add more textures in the end it turned up worse than a ps2 game. only thing good about it was the controls they were perfect they even rival the mouse and kb.

10. Revolution [9]

Member Revolution [9] GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I remember how The Conduit was hyped to be "the greatest FPS for the Wii" circa its release date - you even convinced me this in school. However, when it came out, it looked so... cliched. I got a better experience playing CoD: WaW than compared to The Conduit. My expectations for the second one and the series as a whole has died out. I don't quite understand why High Voltage would continue.

And yes. They will be what the graphics look like in the end. What can they actually do to improve upon the first game? New story, some new features. But I don't think it will match CoD: MWR.

11. julz1

Member julz1 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Jeez i dont know why everyone gets defensive over the wii's graphics
    there not good nintendo admitted that

this game probably will be as average as the original by the early looks of it

12. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    The Wii is not an FPS console. It's best for rail shooters, wich was the first thing I thought of when the Wii came out. Rail shooters and "light gun" games are the best the Wii will get.

That being said, i think the conduit was alright. it wasn't Halo or anything like that, but it wasn't shit either.

oh, and LOL @ people raging over graphics. If you wanted graphics you should have bought a PS3 or 360.

13. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Online play is the only thing I really want with this one.
    They should take a good look at CoD MW Reflex online multiplayer, and make it as good as that or better.

14. Bladexdsl

Australia
    say that to mpt which looks fantastic.

15. Social0

Member Social0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Belgium
    This game has nothing going for it, I mean, don't hype up multiplayer or online like it's something special. It's 2010 ffs.

16. gg31337

Newcomer gg31337 Newbie

United States
    I personally think that this time around High Voltage is going to create an epic game.
    I'll be first to admit that the original had it's shortcomings, but now that they have a solid framework to build off of along with a little extra money from the first title... I think it'll be great.
    The new Conduit will, according to the Nintendo Power article, have 7 new weapons (3 of which have been revealed), have split-screen multiplayer, have varied and expansive maps etc.
    I just hope that there aren't so many glitches and cheaters online this time!
    Here is the COMPLETE article from Nintendo Power. Enjoy! [​IMG]

17. Bladexdsl

Australia
    there will be

18. LightyKD

Member LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

United States
    I don't get why so many of you hate on "The Conduit"!!! [​IMG] I mean, DAMN! Seriously, T-Con was and still is the best damn looking (real style) game on the Wii. And as for you all who talk about "art direction" FRAK THE ART DIRECTION! How the hell can you be artsy when the game takes place in a REALISTIC setting? WASHINGTON DC!!! The textures in T-Con are way better than CoD MW:R. The Conduit 2 will also be a great game. I'm really getting tired of Nintendo console owners who don't give moral support to to the third parties and then bitch about how we get no third party support. WAKE UP! Sure The Conduit has horrible multiplayer issues with the hackers but damn it was still a great game for a "first outing". And for those of you wanting a longer game, not every game needs to be 70 fraking hours long. Whatever happened to fun in video gaming these days??? Why can't gamers just take things and appreciate them for that they are without judging it against every other damn thing that exist. No the conduit wasn't a "Halo Killer" or a "Killzone Killer"... who cares? It was the Condut. Considering what High Voltage was trying to do, the conduit will always be an important moment in the Wii's history. It was the day when a small studio told the third party world to "wake up, get off your asses and see that the Wii is a damn good system!" Instead of hating every damn third party effort, most of you Wii owners should grow a set and have some damn pride in your console!

19. Bladexdsl

Australia
    got nothing to do with any of that. HVS hyped the shit out of the con , said it was gonna be the best looking wii game to date and how it was gonna revolutionize the wii fps genre. THEY LIED!

20. gg31337

Newcomer gg31337 Newbie

United States
    Got some more screens and complete transcripts (all 8 pages of information )Here