First Resident Evil 5 Review Is In (PS3 Version)

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
residentevil5ds.png

"The U.S. Official PlayStation Magazine has finished putting Capcom's latest survival horror romp through its paces, delivering their final verdict on the eagerly anticipated Resident Evil 5. So how did it fare?

In a massive seven-page review, OPM sings the praises of the latest entry in the epic saga of Resident Evil, paying particularly close attention to the refreshing mix of gameplay styles present, building upon what Capcom did in Resident Evil 4.

QUOTE said:
One moment you'll be blasting and hacking away at zombie mobs and face off against some seemingly invincible mini-boss in the midst of town, or you'll be systematically exploring working your way through the dark, claustrophobic confines of a mine of the labyrinth corridors of a secret research complex, experience a brief but hair-raising quick-time event and be back to fighting zombies - but this time racing across the Savannah manning the chain gun on the back of a humvee.

They also praised the game's co-op mode, calling the experience 'exactly the type of event you have to share with a buddy.'

So what's the final score? A resounding 5 out of 5, starting off what is to become a flood of reviews leading up to the game's release on an extremely positive note, comparing it to playing an Indiana Jones flick. Seriously?"

Expected from such an awesome epic game.

Source

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Of course they're going to give it a good score, they got to review it almost two months before it's out before anybody else. The entire idea of "exclusive reviews" is stupid and flawed.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Gaisuto said:
Of course they're going to give it a good score, they got to review it almost two months before it's out before anybody else. The entire idea of "exclusive reviews" is stupid and flawed.

Yeah I got to agree with that, every single "exclusive" review coming from OPM gets a 9 or 10. Im not saying the game will be bad, just that you cant trust these reviews to be impartial at all.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't wanna start a flame war, but I've been playing RE4 on Wii for 2 hours, and thus far it has been really quite boring. Shoot zombie, disarm or avoid trap, shoot zombie, go through door, shoot zombie, short cheesy story sequence, shoot zombie. Maybe it's just me, but the fighting mechanic is too boring, repetitive and just not dynamic enough. Do I just hate Resident Evil and fighting zombies aha?
Bleah, I booted up RE4 after remembering all the praise it has gotten over the years, and so far it seems to be a pretty rubbish game. Is it just the first two hours, or is the whole game like this?

It's a shame though, because RE5 looks great, yet at the same time is so similar to RE4. Hrm, I feel like I'm missing out on a great game here.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think there's going to be a lot of disappointment in this game; not because it won't be good, but because of all the hype surrounding it and the long development cycle. When people play it, they're likely going to get a sense they've done this all before.

I think PlayStation magazine will especially need to be gracious to the game simply because the PS3 needs every AAA endorsement it can get. Killzone 2, Resistance 2, and this -- they'll help bolster the system this year. And those other two games surely look great. But I will take PM's review of RE5 with a grain of salt. It just doesn't look that exciting to me. Visually, it looks fantastic (if you can get over the fact they've basically imported the motion capture from the last game), but that's about all I see that has really one-up-ed RE4.

The whole thing looks like a misstep to me, and I'm betting many non-Sony-related critics will mark it as such. The game seems like a completely safe bet on Capcom's part. Nothing wrong with that, but nothing terribly exciting about it, either.

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have played the demo on the 360 and I am ashamed to say - I didn't like it one bit.
I won't be buying this one, sad to say.

Akoji

+5 internets to psyfira for avatar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't understand people on the internet anymore, everyone was giving high praise for a game in 2005 called Resident Evil 4, Capcom sees that, and give what people want to have, a sequel, and now people whine because of ... nothing worth being whined at. Seriously, No need of gun and run controls, the zombies are sooo slow and you can avoid them by running past them, head on.
This is no Left 4 Dead, it's Resident Evil, it's got tank controls and always do.
The game take all the concept of RE4 and bring them all to an higher ground. Why the whining, I really don't catch that one.

I for one will get the game, same for my friend, and I will have lots of fun in Co-Op.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things