First production Pandora case has been assembled!

Vidboy10

Tsardom
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

QUOTE said:
Pandora fans are definitely partying tonight. Michael Weston and crew have uploaded the first pics of manufacturing test unit built using the mass production parts -- as team member Craig Rothwell noted over at the GP32X forums, even if minor tweaks are deemed necessary, for all intents and purposes this is the first production unit. There's plenty more pics in Weston's Photobucket gallery, including a veritable sea of internal boards (seen after the break). Rothwell says more pics and video are coming but gave no indication of when -- if you think you can temper your excitement, it might be best to sleep tonight and check in on things again tomorrow.

Video showing first boot of this ARM Cortex-A8 gaming handheld with PowerVR SGX programmable GPU after the break!
Source

YES!!!

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Took them long enough. It's been like what? - 1 year since they first promised they would've released it?

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Minox_IX said:
Took them long enough. It's been like what? - 1 year since they first promised they would've released it?
Try more like two years. It's been a year since they allowed people to preorder, and people were gullible enough to do so.

This news doesn't seem to change things and get anything into the hands of customers, so it's still vaporware at this point.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
dib said:
Minox_IX said:
Try more like two years. It's been a year since they allowed people to preorder, and people were gullible enough to do so.

This news doesn't seem to change things and get anything into the hands of customers, so it's still vaporware at this point.
On the good side though, I was able to get the cash back from my preorder without any problems at all.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You were one of those couple thousand? I'm glad you got it back.

Personally my rule is I don't put down money for a product that hasn't 'materialized' and can't be found on a shelf or be in the mail the next day.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wait so...is this just a really extensive hardmod?

It seems like it replaces the main firmware of the DS and adds two SD card slots and a shit load of buttons.

Unless they're having people send in their DSs for installation, I can see alot of people not being able to install this 0.0

Vidboy10

Tsardom
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DeltaBurnt said:
Wait so...is this just a really extensive hardmod?

It seems like it replaces the main firmware of the DS and adds two SD card slots and a shit load of buttons.

Unless they're having people send in their DSs for installation, I can see alot of people not being able to install this 0.0
LMAO.
No, Think of this device as a extremely small laptop, the device comes with the companies own Linux Distribution, Two SD Slots, a full keyboard, it's to be called the best Homebrew system

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are also previews of the OS.

Pandora - Prerelease OS Snippet 1

Pandora - Prerelease OS Snippet 2

Vidboy10

Tsardom
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sora1234 said:
Wait....What is this exactly? A DS mod? New handheld computer? Psp mod?
Vidboy10 said:
QUOTE(DeltaBurnt @ Dec 10 2009, 07:22 AM) Wait so...is this just a really extensive hardmod?

LMAO.
No, Think of this device as a extremely small laptop, the device comes with the companies own Linux Distribution, Two SD Slots, a full keyboard, it's to be called the best Homebrew system
Read the topic before posting...

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tpi.gif

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
The internal hardware of this is comparable to a overclockable iPhone 3GS/Pre/Droid. Except it has a lot more stuff in it - dual SDHC, USB ports, etc. This shows promise - port ChromeOS to this and you've got a very portable ARM netbook, and there's tons of emulators in development (up to PS1/N64 era) for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool