First pictures of the EZ-Flash Omega!

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by EZ-Flash2, Mar 9, 2018.

1. EZ-Flash2
    OP

EZ-Flash2 Official EZ-FLASH Stuff

Jul 16, 2003
    China
    fulfill somebody's question about the case size.
    case color is not the final result.

I also updated the official site slider picture

Attached Files:

2. Localhorst86

Localhorst86 GBAtemp Addict

Jul 17, 2014
    Germany
    Nintendo works for my dad
    Well it looks like you're using the same shell design as the EZ-Flash Reform. That's nice because we can switch between a DS-Lite and GBA sized shell.

I do hope this shell will be better quality than the Reform one, a lot of people have had problem with that design because the insertion force was too high (presumably because of the angle of the board inside the case).

IceSmash2, Invader TAK and migles like this.
  3. HK$

HK$ Member

Newcomer
    May 21, 2015
    Switzerland
    An idea: for the GBA card shell, maybe you can put a chargeable battery in the empty space as a second battery for RTC or other additional units?

不知道在GBA卡壳那两个多余的空洞的位置,能不能装下一些其他外置设备,比如一个小型可充电电池,作为时钟功能的第二电池使用,或者光线感应器?

x65943 likes this.
  4. migles

migles All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    China
    Earth-chan
    Looks interesting, but i am wondering about the price... i already have too much gba flashcarts already.. including an ez iv.. if this thing will be over
    btw you guys should give it a new name, there are too many versions of the ez flash 4 already it will be a lot confusing..

x65943 likes this.
  5. VinsCool

VinsCool Cattus Incerta Tacitusque

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    I totally dig the transparent shell.
    I really love those. I wish they were still being made for consoles.

GamingAori, ry755, x65943 and 2 others like this.
  6. Localhorst86

Jul 17, 2014
    Germany
    The board says "Omega"

Gesendet von meinem Mi A1 mit Tapatalk

migles likes this.
  7. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Former Staff
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    PowerLevel: 9001
    Yep, thread title fixed.

x65943 likes this.
  8. element6

element6 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    GBAtemp Patron
    element6 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 2, 2016
    United States
    Miami, FL
    This is great news for the GBA flash cart scene. Finally something fast and packed with features that will put the price point of the Everdrive GBA to shame.

After seeing the demos and features of this product in action back in February I am very excited for it to be made available to everyone soon. Was waiting for EZFlash to post something like this before I said anything about it. Hope we see distro shipments soon :)

Last edited by element6, Mar 14, 2018
  9. RetrogamerX

RetrogamerX GBAtemp Regular

Jan 16, 2017

Does this new EZ flash have save states?

I was just about to buy a everdrive gba x5 until I saw this. Think I'll wait this new ez flash omega. Hope it releases really quick?

Edit: Never mind. I just saw the demo and wow! It does save states and everything. This thing is going to kick the everdrives ass so bad. Can't wait to get one.

Last edited by RetrogamerX, Mar 19, 2018
    element6 and Invader TAK like this.
  10. NANASHI89

NANASHI89 GBAtemp Addict

May 3, 2012
    United States
    Question: If I have a DS Game or flashcard that makes use of the GBA slot, will the EZ-Flash Omega work on it? Like, will it work with Pal Park in Pokemon? And will it play on Game Boy Player?
    問題: 如果我有一個 DS 遊戲或卡片, 利用 GBA 插槽, 是否會在它上工作?像是, 它會與好友公園在口袋妖怪?它會玩遊戲男孩球員嗎?

11. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Succubus™ The Adorable Enby

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Hiding from Area 51 guards
    This is what I honestly like about the EZ Team, they are sticking to what they do best and making GBA flashcarts instead. They made other ventures, but they still keep working in the field that they are best known for and still have a demand in.

CaptainSodaPop likes this.
  12. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    Восторг
    Must admit, looks pretty.
    Unfortunately, both me n me bf have got EZ flash IV mini SDs.
    We're pretty solid until they break down.

13. RetrogamerX

Jan 16, 2017
    Hope it gets released quickly? Need this asap

Frexxos likes this.
  14. Cartoni

Cartoni Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2017
    Netherlands
    Half year ago bought a EZflash IV, but this changes everything. Would be really great to have.

@EZ-Flash2 I see that you implemented the emulators for NES and GBC games, but would it also be possible to add the one for the GB games? That would just simply make this the best GBA cartridge ever made ;)

15. Localhorst86

Jul 17, 2014
    Germany
    They are using Goomba, which emulates GBC as well as GB. It's a neat addition, it won't be perfect however. Some games simply won't work.

16. Cartoni

Cartoni Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2017
    Netherlands
    Haha yeah I thought that, I just wanted to make sure ;) Same interface and all

17. Invader TAK

Invader TAK Member

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2008
    United States
    I'm surprised no one's bothered doing more work on Goomba Color to improve compatibility. Guess there's not as much demand considering GBA can play GB/GBC games natively (even though GB Micro and DS can't, but the latter has Lameboy and Gameyob).

slaphappygamer likes this.
  18. kuwanger

kuwanger GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jul 26, 2006
    United States
    IIRC, Dwedit forked Goomba to Goomba Color specifically to support the GBC Zelda games. He's done a good deal of work beyond that, but there's just inherently a limit to the emulation of the GBC based on the relatively hardware (the number of layers, IIRC)--a lot of games only have decent performance because they were apparently never designed to require running at GBC's speed. Ie, there really isn't a lot of room for improvement*.

Basically, this. You need something closer to a DS to adequately emulate all GBC games (probably a lot more to do it accurately, but that's another discussion). Honestly, I commend Dwedit for putting as much work into Goomba Color as he has.

* On other systems with higher specs, a lot of emulators start off doing most everything in software and then shift stuff over to hardware to improve performance. PocketNES was only really possible by mapping a lot of functions to hardware from the start. The rest of the forks of PocketNES (Goomba, SMSAdvance, etc) all follow the same trend, so generally there isn't a lot of room to eek out performance unless you start doing tricks like using VRAM as regular RAM.

PS - Loopy, FluBBa, and Dwedit could possibly correct me on some of this, perhaps? I know Nintendo did a (mostly?) software NES Emulator for GBA, but my understanding is it was quite limited in a variety of ways that being software meant it really could be expanded upon. HVCA was some software, some hardware? I think that's the explanation for having better font rendering. This all is of course a generalization.

Invader TAK likes this.
  19. RetrogamerX

Jan 16, 2017
    I see the ez-flash omega is for sale on aliexpress and a site in Spain. When is this available. I'm in UK. need this asap.

Thanks

20. migles

migles All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    China
    Earth-chan
    can ya link it? am curious

edit:

found pre orders, prices show at 40 euro bucks in shop media (plus their scam fees), in the other site 66 american bucks.

https://www.shop01media.com/en/EZom-EZ-Flash-omega-GBA-NDS-NDSLite-flash-cart-linker
    http://3ds-flashcard.com/home/74-ezflash-omeganew-gba-cart.html

PS: i am not sure if theese are safe places to buy them from, i am just linking what i found online, don't see this post as a recommendation of places to buy from.

Last edited by migles, Mar 24, 2018
    RetrogamerX likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted