First Pics Of New Pokemon Game!

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Hadrian, May 13, 2007.

May 13, 2007
  1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]
    Developed by Chunsoft, this is said to be a sequel to the Mystery Dungeon games, which is also said to be a Wi-Fi title too.

2. Fieryshadowz

Member Fieryshadowz GBAtemp Fan

United States
    =| i dislike Mystery Dungeon with a passion.

3. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    I really hope Nintendo consider doing a new PKMN Snap, I love that game on the N64, and it would work amazing on the Wii [​IMG]

4. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    OMG that game is fucking brilliant! It would be awesome on both the DS or Wii!

5. The Teej

Former Staff The Teej Also known as The Tjalian

United Kingdom
    I'd so buy Pokemon Snap 2, but it best have like all the pokemon on it, seriously. I feel really ripped off by only having 68 pokemon on the original..

6. Rankio

Member Rankio GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I really do not care for Pokemon at all but I would definitely be down for some more Pokemon Snap. Another title similar to that was ahh...what was it called..had a photographer with a big nose walking through levels taking pictures for PS2. Was almost the same as Pokemon Snap and just as fun.

7. CrEsPo

Member CrEsPo GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I'd be down for another Pokemon Battle Stadium. Those where fun where you purely battle with buddies and shit [​IMG].

8. Deadmon

Member Deadmon A Temper

Canada
    I loved the GBC emulator, and the mini games they had. The gym leader challenge was fun too.

Of course, if there was another Pokemon Stadium, it would be useless to do an emulator [​IMG]

Praying for a true Stadium and Snap sequel.

9. Bamboo

Member Bamboo GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    i just started pokemon dungeon and I think its cool, i really dont understand why people hate it. its got a cool battle system and you can see the pokemon actually doing stuff unlike the main pokemon games where they are more like card games

10. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    The Wii is getting a Pure Stadium Game in June called Battle Revolution. Features Wifi Battles against Random Opponents, which is why I'm buying it Day 1 more likely.

11. salv

Member salv Male Nurse

Canada
    jesus, i hate the new pokemon i feel like game freak is just naming pokemon off the top of their heads. like will someone please tell me what kind of a name Bidoof or Grotle or even better Abomasnow is??? crap i tell you. they are starting to destroy the series, just like megaman.

12. Deadmon

Member Deadmon A Temper

Canada
    Yep, I'm getting Battle Revolution too, but when I meant a true Stadium sequel, I meant everything Stadium had really, (bit greedy here haha) such as the mini games, the rentals, gym leaders, the trainer school puzzles, photos etc.

Battle Rev. is really nice too, with the whole battle point system, letting us get the one time TMs, and of course, a special surfing Pokemon [​IMG]

13. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    If those are pokemon's names from an american version, you should be blaming the NoA localization team ( [​IMG] ) [​IMG]

14. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    To be fair, the Wii already has enough Mini Games. There are other game types that use Rentals kinda (Like that Roulette game).

And there are Leaders in each of the Stadiums that can represent Gym Leaders if you want...

15. Deadmon

Member Deadmon A Temper

Canada
    Well, mini games don't hurt if they are an "extra" to a game [​IMG]
    Actually, the stadium mini games were done quite well I recall, the Chansey egg dropping one was pretty fun.

Which reminds me, Mario Party 8 is coming out soon..hmm..

And on topic, I enjoyed the first game, but it was really tedious to have only 20 item limit, and it would be nice if that was increased, along with the PP for moves.

16. Magus19

Member Magus19 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Yeah I didn't really like the first game, unlike the standard games which are awesome. Snap was cool too, I bought it on ebay last year for 1$ still new in factory srink wrap with the player guide. But I open it because I wanted to play, it's almost the cheapest game I bought, I won an ebay auction on the starting price, 1 penny, it's a mint copy of a lame golf game on the snes PGA 94 or something, I never played it.

17. sillypatterson

Member sillypatterson GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Most of you are too young or perhaps just too slow to appreciate not only how excellent the Mystery Dungeon series is, but how much influence its conventions (and roguelike conventions in general) had on Pokemon.

18. Heran Bago

Member Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States
    Most people here don't "get" the appeal to rougelike or nethack stuff

19. Sinkhead

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    I read in a few places that Nintendo is supposedly remaking Gold and Silver into an NDS game. I think that will be great if they are, as Gold and Silver are (in my opinion) the best games in the series so far.

- Sam

20. H8TR

Member H8TR GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    The evidence is in Diamond/Pearl. The mention a Johto one or two times, Professor Elm of Johto region and Jasmine, the Johto Gym leader that is at the beach in Sunnyshore City. Nintendo definaletly would have their work cut out for them to reproduce it. Were looking at a 1Gbit game, 16 Gym leaders, 2 E4's and all the other stuff. I wouldn't be suprised if Nintendo jacked up the price for that game to something like $44.99 USD.