Gaming First Person Pokemon Petition!

woody0

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Imagine, a fully fledged 3D world, with no map loading screens, your in first person mode (or third person mode if you wish) and a seviper jumps out at you, you then jump into a 3D arena where you control your pokemons movements yourself and can battle other pokemon or trainers, imagine a world where you can walk anywhere like in the real world and go whereever you wish.

I came up for this idea whilst playing Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion, thinking "what would it feel like if you really were in first person view (or third person) and could battle anyone or any pokemon, and still take on gyms and the elite four. I thought that if enough people like my idea then i could start a petition and then send it too Nintendo and MAYBE, just MAYBE, they might listen too us and create this EPIC game! Who's with me?

Petition Names:
woody0
Geo (via E-N)
ThommyTheBoy (via GBATemp)
Gangsterboi (via E-N)
Slink (via E-N)
kman_cool (via GBATemp)
reaper (via GBATemp)
jdbye (via GBATemp)
imz (via GBATemp)

IzzehO

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeaaa.... no... not exactly a very original thought. Pokemon snap was first person and pokemon stadium had your 3D battles: play them =/

ItsMetaKnight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i hope not
that would be the worst
wtf.gif

adzix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
QUOTE said:
I thought that if enough people like my idea then i could start a petition and then send it too Nintendo and MAYBE, just MAYBE, they might listen too us and create this EPIC game! Who's with me?

yea i am pretty sure, starting a petition on a site that mainly deals with rom and iso releases, homebrew and hacking of nintendo hardware, will convince them
to make a 1st person pokemon game.

edit:
oh and it's supposed to be a DS game, too, seeing where you posted this thread?
wow.

ThommyDude

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
would be really weird in first person.. try 3th
lecture.gif

but reall i personally would like a game like that... put me on the list just for the heck of it XD

woody0

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gian said:
You mean like a Pokemon MMORPG?
That'll be pretty cool, imo.

Kind of, but not permenantly online, as some people may not have their wii online

adzix said:
QUOTE said:
I thought that if enough people like my idea then i could start a petition and then send it too Nintendo and MAYBE, just MAYBE, they might listen too us and create this EPIC game! Who's with me?

yea i am pretty sure, starting a petition on a site that mainly deals with rom and iso releases, homebrew and hacking of nintendo hardware, will convince them
to make a 1st person pokemon game.

edit:
oh and it's supposed to be a DS game, too, seeing where you posted this thread?
wow.

yeh, sorry for the mixup, i meant for it too be in the wii section but thought i had better post it here first as all latest games were on the DS so post it here first, see what people think.

QUOTE(ThommyTheBoy @ Jan 22 2009, 03:24 PM)
would be really weird in first person.. try 3th
lecture.gif

but reall i personally would like a game like that... put me on the list just for the heck of it XD

Ok, *edits original post*

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
1st: 1st person would suck for Pokemon. Want an example? Imagine yourself playing Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare with a Pokeball instead of grenade, Pokedex(gear) instead of M4A1 SOPMOD, looking at a 3D Pikachu, you press 1, a Pokeball instead of Dragunov appears, you clicked, and a Blastoise (3D) appears.

Now, take a look at Pokemon Database, which states that Blastoise is almost twice as high as you, thrice as wide as you, completely blocking that tiny Pikachu from your line of sight... what will you see?

EPIC FAIL

2nd: Petition NEVER woprks as far as I remember, they DO suck though, although I have to admit it takes no more than 5 sec to type "I'm in" and click "Add Reply", actually doing it may cause you to be seen as an idiot, which is happening to our dear friend Bob, his petition to Nintendo (which is ignored) caused him to go crazy (I'm typing facts here, go and see that fresh "Bob's new stand" thread)

3rd: a good idea though, is to trash away the idea of "underdog 10 year old defeated the invincible gym leaders, space-related evil team, elite four, and the champion of the region in less than 1 year" which is a lame idea since the third time they used it

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i was skeptical at first too, I thought if they attempted something that large scale on the DS it could end up looking terrible. But I guess if it looked like Phantasy star zero it would suit that (artwork) style very well:

Jasonage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wait, so let me get this right.

You're making a petition on a quite small sized nintendo console homebrew and hacking forum, and hoping they will see this and actually listen? Good luck.

Also, no. It just wouldn't work, especially third person. Maybe if they made a free roaming MMO pokemon game where you played as a trainer in the third person, but you could control your pokemon in real time, rather than third person.

kman_cool

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
i want this!!!

were you could actually control your poke 3D style!

and actually jump and stuff. kinda like custom robo arena battling. but replace guns with watergun etc.

add me to the list!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup