First official trailer for 'Sonic The Hedgehog' live action movie released

sonic movie.PNG

After months of speculations, leaks and backlash from fans, we now have our first look at the Blue Blur's live action adaptation thanks to the very first official trailer courtesy of Paramount Pictures. Sonic's CGI leaked last month holds true in the final version of the movie, voiced by Ben Schwartz while Jim Carrey will be taking the role of Dr. Robotnik in an all new Sonic adventure to save the world. Without further ado, feast your eyes on your first look of this live-action take of Sonic & co.:

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG is a live-action adventure comedy based on the global blockbuster videogame franchise from Sega that centers on the infamously brash bright blue hedgehog. The film follows the (mis)adventures of Sonic as he navigates the complexities of life on Earth with his newfound – human – best friend Tom Wachowski (James Marsden). Sonic and Tom join forces to try and stop the villainous Dr. Robotnik (Jim Carrey) from capturing Sonic and using his immense powers for world domination. The film also stars Tika Sumpter and Ben Schwartz as the voice of Sonic.
Sonic The Hedgehog the movie hits theatres this November. What do you think of this adaptation from the trailer? Do you look forward to see how it turns out?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
this is going to fail because
  • NO tails
  • NO knuckles
  • No giant robots piloted by eggman
  • Jim carrey needs to put on at least 200 pounds to capture to role correctly
  • The military is involved and we all know how well that turns out in any movie (transformers)
  • Sonic looks like a midget in a suit
  • Sonic teams up with a nobody human instead of doing his own thing
fail of the year incoming but i can't wait to find out one thing....is it going to be worse than THIS?!
v1.bTsxMTI5MDE5MztqOzE4MTMwOzEyMDA7MTAzODsxMzg0

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really do believe the movie industry is afraid of the gaming industry taking over cinemas they just love to destroy anything that has to do with its stories

still can't wait to see what they do with Mega Man and Gears of War and Resident Evil Reboot and a handful of others :unsure:

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
why is sonic eletric? seriuously did sonic got some new power up in newer games that i missed? i tough silver was suposed to be the eletric one lol.

Bat420maN

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.freeforums.org
XP
Country
United States
It's a well known fact that Tupac got shot by Coolio. Don't believe me? The word Coolio has 6 letters, divide that by 2 - as in "2pac" and you get that's right the number 3 which is the exact same number of nipples Hitler would have had if he had 3 nipples less. Oh, and HL3 confirmed.

#PoursDrinkOnTheGround.
Nice try at covering your mistake. The fact that anyone one could ever possibly mistake Coolio for Pac tells you all you need to know about the future of our planet.

diggeloid

Alex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why is sonic eletric? seriuously did sonic got some new power up in newer games that i missed? i tough silver was suposed to be the eletric one lol.

Umm, have you never heard of the electric pokemon hedgehog known as Sonichu? They clearly had to change the name and color for the movie to avoid a lawsuit.

Reactions: Tiger21820

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well to be fair and not jump the bandwagon like every little child seems to do. Sonic does look bad but the movie trailer in itself doesn't seem to be bad actually. I think the movie can be above average seeing what the trailer showed me.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess it's aimed at the same crowd who'd go see the emoji movie. That is, 6-10 year olds. Not a movie made for fans, but rather, made to generate new fans.

...which is insanity. I mean. Why. why do they have such disdain for their current fans?

Last edited by osaka35, , Reason: grammar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on