First official trailer for 'Sonic The Hedgehog' live action movie released

sonic movie.PNG

After months of speculations, leaks and backlash from fans, we now have our first look at the Blue Blur's live action adaptation thanks to the very first official trailer courtesy of Paramount Pictures. Sonic's CGI leaked last month holds true in the final version of the movie, voiced by Ben Schwartz while Jim Carrey will be taking the role of Dr. Robotnik in an all new Sonic adventure to save the world. Without further ado, feast your eyes on your first look of this live-action take of Sonic & co.:

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG is a live-action adventure comedy based on the global blockbuster videogame franchise from Sega that centers on the infamously brash bright blue hedgehog. The film follows the (mis)adventures of Sonic as he navigates the complexities of life on Earth with his newfound – human – best friend Tom Wachowski (James Marsden). Sonic and Tom join forces to try and stop the villainous Dr. Robotnik (Jim Carrey) from capturing Sonic and using his immense powers for world domination. The film also stars Tika Sumpter and Ben Schwartz as the voice of Sonic.
Sonic The Hedgehog the movie hits theatres this November. What do you think of this adaptation from the trailer? Do you look forward to see how it turns out?

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@gamesquest1 2Pac is not real never has been it was a Droid created in a secret lab.

This was the base model.
new-york-ny-april-13-c-3po-arrives-for-the-late-show-with-david-letterman-at-ed-sullivan-theater-on-april-13-2015-in-new-york-city-people-c-3po-PCX1B1.jpg

A DUDE IN THE HOOD!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@KingVamp He burns his hands later on in the movie saving the world and from that point onwards he will be wearing Gloves.

Last edited by CORE,

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yet not one has complained about the bit where he's running along asphalt, causes some sort of electric boom, but didn't melt the asphalt? For shame. What next? Sonic can jump do infinite falls off buildings?

In any case, I'm still waiting for the Live Action Mega Man movie to see which is worse.

Reactions: Vorde and LuigiXL

The Dementor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Surely one of the 1st things to do if your going to make a live action Sonic film is actually make Sonic look like Sonic. Not sure what this weird long legged creature is in this trailer.

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sega SanShiro...

In all honesty I think it looks ok but I prefer the old Cartoons 1993 cant beat them the Voice Acting and Animation was spot on and it had humor too.

Last edited by CORE,
Reactions: tyrantnyx

tyrantnyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hated seeing how bad Sonic looked in the posters, but I actually like seeing him in this trailer, still looks bad, but he seems entertaining. I'm disappointed in Jim, he's a decent actor, but he just doesn't seem very Eggman. At least it looks like this'll be fun to watch.

DAZA

Shaun's Mum
Trophies
XP
Normally i would be sticking my middle finger up at something like this.. but im curious.... more curious than detective pikachu... i might go and watch this! my only concern is the length of sonics legs.... its like human legs and they stuffed a mascot shell on top and told him to run

hope they have cameos from tails and knuckles.. not forgetting those sweet sweet chaos emeralds!

Still going to watch it lol

Reactions: LuigiXL
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It kinda just looks your generic shitty cgi/real actors movie like the disney useless remakes.
It doesn't seem like the plot is gonna be anything interesting, like, the usual "kids finds cool critter, have to keep it secret from everyone while villain wants to capture it for... some reason".
Sonic looked somewhat ok in still shots, but in the actual footage... *shivers*
Jim Carrey's fine I guess, but... dunno, he's just doing what the director's asking, he's not exactly the person I would've casted as being Eggman/Robotnik, but whatever.
I'm a bit disappointed the robots look like generic drones/sci-fi stuff, but maybe later on in the movie there will be more game-y looking robots? I doubt it tho.
Overall, this ain't gonna be good for anyone methinks.

Reactions: LuigiXL

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, they managed to make it more or less as **** looking as I thought they would.

I know Jim Carey can do range, but for something like this I guessed it would end up just being ‘wacky’/‘Ace Ventura’ Jim Carey.

Also, couldn’t they have found a more fitting song? Don’t Stop Me Now?

Last edited by tech3475,

alucard_xs

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"That "Sonic" was an abomination that made my eyes hurt. " : I agree !

Sonic looks like … well … a mutant ... a bad one … that's really a shame to see such a thing,

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was a big fan of 2D Sonic games growing up. I was a bit shocked by the original rendering/leak of Sonic, but seeing the actual animation makes it not so bad. Jim as the bad guy will probably really work out well. It doesn't look cheesy to me and the humor present in the trailer is not that bad. I think I was more impressed with this trailer over Endgame's. I'm going to have to rent it when it eventually comes out to rent.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't believe some people are defending the LOOK of Sonic here. The "leaked" mock-ups everyone was afraid of looked far better than the real thing! This is just straight up some low budget CGI, they should've ditched realism if they couldn't afford to do it remotely right.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I swallowed macaroni & cheese for dinner. :P +1