First official trailer for 'Sonic The Hedgehog' live action movie released

sonic movie.PNG

After months of speculations, leaks and backlash from fans, we now have our first look at the Blue Blur's live action adaptation thanks to the very first official trailer courtesy of Paramount Pictures. Sonic's CGI leaked last month holds true in the final version of the movie, voiced by Ben Schwartz while Jim Carrey will be taking the role of Dr. Robotnik in an all new Sonic adventure to save the world. Without further ado, feast your eyes on your first look of this live-action take of Sonic & co.:

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG is a live-action adventure comedy based on the global blockbuster videogame franchise from Sega that centers on the infamously brash bright blue hedgehog. The film follows the (mis)adventures of Sonic as he navigates the complexities of life on Earth with his newfound – human – best friend Tom Wachowski (James Marsden). Sonic and Tom join forces to try and stop the villainous Dr. Robotnik (Jim Carrey) from capturing Sonic and using his immense powers for world domination. The film also stars Tika Sumpter and Ben Schwartz as the voice of Sonic.
Sonic The Hedgehog the movie hits theatres this November. What do you think of this adaptation from the trailer? Do you look forward to see how it turns out?

Panzerfaust

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh boy...

No.1: sonic still looks like shit...but we all knew that, since the leaked pictures.

No.2: Jim Carey is a cool guy but robotnik has to be fat! He doesnt fit in as robotnik.

No.3: why that gangsta music?

Reactions: Vorde and Bladexdsl

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
They have Sonic looking like a guy in a costume?

I think that like I did with live action Dragon Ball, I am just gonna skip this.

I men it says something when even the Angry Birds movie looks more like the videogame characters that this.

Heck even Sonic X first two episodes, policeman who for some reason is a racecar driver included, did a better job than this.

Sillybunnie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sonic from behind looks like a grown man in a furry costume :(. the pikachu movie i was skeptical about but the trailer was actually pretty good looking. the live action CG pikachu looks way better than sonic, i though at first sonic was just a human in a costume painted blue vs CG until they flipped around. i would have preferred a fully cartoon style CG of sonic than this mess. and so many big name actors too :(

Owenge

GbaTemp browser
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don’t like how sonic looks but if they mad
Cassette tape with old song? Anthropomorphic rodent character? Hello Guardians of the Galaxy.
Not gonna lie, I thought most of it looked good, except Sonic itself. From the trailer, I actually enjoyed Jim Carrey as a thin Eggman / Robotnik. Actually works very well, considering Carrey sung the lyrics "I am the eggman..." in 1998. :P
I agree, the movie looks alright.... The look of sonic will be the downfall of this movie :(

MasterPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Fun Fact:
The new Sonic design was a random pick from DeviantArt ; Searchterm - "Sonic"
They only had to remove the 5 headed, 12 inch P****

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't kno when I'll be watching this as still not watched the super mario bros movie:lol:

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like he finds shoes that have been abandoned, but was he just not wearing any shoes before? lol

Not the Sonic I wanted, but I can get use to it. I still don't understand the lack of gloves decision and if somehow there's another movie after this, I hope they change the shoes to non-brand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe the Amiga or ST version is nice....