D

Deleted_171835

OP
80OKE.jpg

nQOud.jpg
IvVI8.jpg
9yi2B.jpg
LQqQU.jpg

We're going to have to wait until March 14 to play Game Gear classics on 3DS, but today Sega provided a glimpse of what the experience will look like.

The screen shows the various options you can access when playing Game Gear titles: screen mode, system color, ghosting/after image, performance. The system color menu shows options for black, blue, yellow and red.

As detailed yesterday, Sonic & Tales 2, The GG Shinobi and Dragon Crystal will be released on March 14, priced ¥300 each. Sega also said today that Sonic Drift 2 and Columns will be released at some point.

icon11.gif
Source

I'm surprised at the level of effort being put into this with all the various options. Hopefully these options spread to other VC games for other systems.

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
80OKE.jpg
nQOud.jpg

IvVI8.jpg
9yi2B.jpg
LQqQU.jpg

We're going to have to wait until March 14 to play Game Gear classics on 3DS, but today Sega provided a glimpse of what the experience will look like.

The screen shows the various options you can access when playing Game Gear titles: screen mode, system color, ghosting/after image, performance. The system color menu shows options for black, blue, yellow and red.

As detailed yesterday, Sonic & Tales 2, The GG Shinobi and Dragon Crystal will be released on March 14, priced ¥300 each. Sega also said today that Sonic Drift 2 and Columns will be released at some point.

icon11.gif
Source

I'm surprised at the level of effort being put into this with all the various options. Hopefully these options spread to other VC games for other systems.

You spelled tails wrong.

~grammar nazi

Reactions: 1 person

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That is some nasty shearing and some horrible resizing on the icon/banner there, Nintendo - you ought to fix that!

Other then that, GameGear and anything Sega is always welcome.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is some nasty shearing and some horrible resizing on the icon/banner there, Nintendo - you ought to fix that!

they are emulating the gamegear to it fully that why is looks like that

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Icon/Banner, silly you. It's not "emulated GameGear", it's a shitty banner ON THE 3DS.

80OKE.jpg

Unless that turns out to be some fancy 3D model... The edges are a disaster on that thing and should be improved.

D

Deleted_171835

OP

Icon/Banner, silly you. It's not "emulated GameGear", it's a shitty banner ON THE 3DS.

80OKE.jpg

Unless that turns out to be some fancy 3D model... The edges are a disaster on that thing and should be improved.
Yeah, that's a 3D model.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

80OKE.jpg

Yeah, that's a 3D model.
Still, the texture requires re-touching in my opinion. Taking a photo of a GameGear and slapping it on a rectangular block of poly's doesn't constitute a good model, c'mon Nintendo, you're better than that.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

80OKE.jpg

Yeah, that's a 3D model.
Still, the texture requires re-touching in my opinion. Taking a photo of a GameGear and slapping it on a rectangular block of poly's doesn't constitute a good model, c'mon Nintendo, you're better than that.

nitpicking much ?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
nitpicking much ?
Nope, not at all. It just doesn't seem like something I would put in "my" GUI if I were them - it's fugly and was clearly farted out by the Gfx department during a coffee break.

I have no objections when it comes to the emulator, as it seems to have plenty interesting features. I do object when I see sloppy work though.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I wish they would concentrate on making the games themselves 3d rather than the homescreen icon
Every single 2D emulator can only "make the games 3D" in one very specified way - emulate the hardware it was made for, separate layers of tiles (or whatever other type of graphics is used) and re-arrange the layers ever so slightly to cause the feeling of depth. If the layers weren't originally placed in a way that would allow such a procedure then there isn't much they can do to change that on an emulator, sorry.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sure it wasn't Sega that made the banner?
I'm pretty sure that it's Nintendo who deals with their VC Gui, but I may be wrong. In that case, I will say "*tut tut* Step it up, Sega!".

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wish they would concentrate on making the games themselves 3d rather than the homescreen icon
Every single 2D emulator can only "make the games 3D" in one very specified way - emulate the hardware it was made for, separate layers of tiles (or whatever other type of graphics is used) and re-arrange the layers ever so slightly to cause the feeling of depth. If the layers weren't originally placed in a way that would allow such a procedure then there isn't much they can do to change that on an emulator, sorry.
I was refering to remaking classic games the way they remade Excitebike, Kirby, Kid Icarus NES classics into 3d. I understand that effort is put into reprogramming the games to utilize the 3D effect. I wasn't suggesting they would just take a GG rom and instantly transform it into 3d.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I was refering to remaking classic games the way they remade Excitebike, Kirby, Kid Icarus NES classics into 3d. I understand that effort is put into reprogramming the games to utilize the 3D effect. I wasn't suggesting they would just take a GG rom and instantly transform it into 3d.
Oh, I see your point now.

Well, in my humble opinion, let Virtual Console be Virtual Console and leave Remakes as separate downloads altogether - it's all fun and dandy to play a beautifuly remade game but when I think Virtual Console, I'd like to get as close to the original as possible, and given the options provided like ghosting etc, this seems to be the angle they picked for the GameGear.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
My friend used to have a game gear and i LOVED SONIC! I hated sonic on the master system and mega drive.. and even the wii. But on the gamegear it was excellent.

Did space harrier come out for GG? I had it on the Atari Lynx... that was amazing too... but probably not GG lol.

Columns was ok... and... erm... sonic was cool...

edit.

I would buy sonic, it would def be worth paying for.
Sonic and columns were good.
I wouldnt buy columns...
sonic was good.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
My friend used to have a game gear and i LOVED SONIC! I hated sonic on the master system and mega drive.. and even the wii. But on the gamegear it was excellent.

Did space harrier come out for GG? I had it on the Atari Lynx... that was amazing too... but probably not GG lol.

Columns was ok... and... erm... sonic was cool...
How can you hate Sonic for the Mega Drive? D=
Those were the best Sonic games imho. =S

Reactions: 3 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning