First look at the 4.3in PMP gameplayer

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by Tom, Aug 21, 2012.

Aug 21, 2012
  1. Tom
    OP

Member Tom Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder

United States
    Heres a first look at the 4gb 4.3in pmp player (http://www.eachgame....goods-6803.html)

No it's not a full review. I really don't have the time right now , maybe in a few weeks. At first glance ,it looks cheap. And really it is at $44 shipped. It is lighter than an ipod touch and seems like there isn't much to it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(The pony game is for my sister m'k?)

[​IMG]

These were taken with a webcam so they aren't the best

Specs:

4.3in Screen backlit (Not very well though)

Support Multi Languages

Support Play FC/NES+SFC/SNES+SEGA+GB+GBC+GBA+SMC Games

Built-in Lion Battery Recharge via PC USB or AC Adapter

TV out capability and Built-in speaker

Support SD Card(Max 32G)

With 1.3M Pixel Camera for photo and video taking

Support Play MP3/MP4/WMA music files

Built-in total 4GB Memory

It does play all those games pretty well. GBA games are the only ones that seemed kinda slower(Maybe 90% emulation speed sometimes? Just a guess) But that was intemittent and is much better emulated in normal screen(not full screen mode).

It does have issues with hacked games( not all, just some pokemon hacks, right now only Pokemon sienna is tested) they can't save properly and need to be saved by the system(not in the game) which is what causes problems. Snes , nes and gb gbc, seem fine right now.

It comes with a ton of games pre loaded, 2gigs worth leaving you 2 more gigs to add your own games.

The buttons are nice , they aren't tachs that click and are stiff, they are very soft .

It does have a circle pad which is hard to move so I do not use it much

The screen is nice graphics wise and the gba games look surprisingly nice when in full screen mode but it's backlight is weird. It is plenty bright in the dark and there is no blotching but when it is in direct sunlight outside you can't see the screen at all! It appears as if it turns off but it Isn't.

Charges and transfers games via usb and you can also use a micro sd/tf card. Mine was shipped with a wall charger but it was European so it is of no use to me here in the U.S

All in all it is great to emulate old games, if you can live with 90% emulation for gba or a small play screen to have no lag it is great for that.If your on a budget then this is your best option but if you have the cash I would get a dingoo or k1.

2. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    A $30 PSP that only emulates things. And doesnt play PSP games or PS1. hmmmmm..

3. Tom
    OP

United States
    There is a model that emulates ps1 and gba but i wanted gb and snes too

4. Tom
    OP

United States
    Seems as if the system tries to load a save from a different hack for two games, That is what seems to cause the problem I'll look into it

5. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    can you please show me some screen shots of the native o/s?

according to the page you linked to its on sale right now for $29.99.

-another world

6. Tom
    OP

United States
    It is $30 its 44 shipped I'll get a pic in a minute Pics added

7. Another World

Colombia
    could you try 'out of this world' on the genesis emu and let me know if the screen has any odd black lines or glitchy graphics?

thanks!

-another world

8. Tom
    This message by Tom has been removed from public view by a moderator, Dec 3, 2016.
    Aug 27, 2012
  9. Tom
    OP

United States
    VERY glitchy in fullscreen mode, white lines, the play screen moves around actually, however if you set the screen size to normal it plays flawlessly with no glitches at all and seems to be at full speed but I suck at this game haha

10. Another World

Colombia
    hm. i'm tempted to pull out my gemei tech a330 and find some other glitchy games. i'm wondering if the included emulators are ports of the original dingoo emus. they seem to end up on most of these chinese handhelds.

what you described is what i experienced with the dingoo/gemei genesis emu. only it was black lines. there isn't a screen size option, so i've no idea if its just a simple scanline issue or resolution based or what.

thanks for testing.

-another world

11. Tom
    OP

United States
    Yup no problem , I think the issues are when It tries to upscale the video, In fullscreen mode It is the same size of normal size(which is odd) but it has glitches