MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I've seen this all up in my facebook feed, and it's actually a decent job... I'd love to see Nintendo make a Wii U port like they did with Wind Waker.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
This project will be DMCA'd in...
Takedown!

It appears as if you can still grab the binary on the author's wordpress *site, so get it while it lasts!

*check OP for link.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
keep-calm-because-thats-all-folks.png

http://au.ign.com/articles/2015/03/31/nintendo-takes-down-super-mario-64-hd-fan-project

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

DoJo_Master

Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada
Oh Nintendo, its insane that they would take it down, its fan made remade from the ground up only a demo!! Its also free, they are not making money off of this and its not harming the company!!!

DoJo_Master

Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada
when it comes to mario nintendo pull out all the stops to keep it theirs :P

Nintendo always kills fan projects...

They have a ridiculously overzealous legal department that doesn't have a clue, but I don't think that one department represents Nintendo's view towards creative fan tributes as a whole... if it did then Im that means Mairo 64 HD remake confirmed. XD

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How does the physics work in this? If they got that sorted then the rest is more of a formality, if they just made a look a like then meh really.

They have a ridiculously overzealous legal department that doesn't have a clue, but I don't think that one department represents Nintendo's view towards creative fan tributes as a whole... if it did then Im that means Mairo 64 HD remake confirmed. XD

Look up a term called generic trademark, https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/the-problem-of-genericide-in-trademarks . Not only can they not ignore but they are obliged to take active measures.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

There are tons of fan projects that are untouched. Nintendo really isn't all that bad about it (Square Enix is much worse) - however, a freely available Mario 64 HD has the potential to reduce VC Mario 64 sales, and they might want to do something like that themselves in the future. In this case the level, graphics, sounds were all directly ripped from official Mario games, so it's not that surprising they'd do something about it.

How does the physics work in this? If they got that sorted then the rest is more of a formality, if they just made a look a like then meh really.

Look up a term called generic trademark, https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/the-problem-of-genericide-in-trademarks . Not only can they not ignore but they are obliged to take active measures.
The controls/character physics are, as far as I can tell, close enough that it's hard to point out specific differences.

nonameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well I am actually building one Mario game too, but I do all the models and textures myself. guess I can't I share with you guys. wouldn't take a day to have nintendo take it down

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb