First iTouch DS review - Scorpei.com

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Scorpei, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Scorpei
    OP

Scorpei GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 21, 2006
    Netherlands
    Hey all,

Well I received my samples of the iTouch DS today. After playing around with them for a few hours I had to share my experiences with you [​IMG]. So follow the link below to the first review of the iTouch DS:

[​IMG]

Linky

Have a fun read and feel free to ask me about these units or ask for pictures/etc.! Yours,
    Scorpei

2. satel

satel Luigi's Big Brother

Nov 3, 2004
    East Timor
    i already own Acekard2 & i'm not sure now if its worth me buying this itouch or not ? is it better than Acekard2 ?

3. Scorpei
    OP

Scorpei GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 21, 2006
    Netherlands
    Ah the eternal what card is best for me / I have card XY should I buy this one [​IMG]. I personally have no experience with the AK2 however if you would be on the original AK I would advise switching. As far as I know the AK2 performs quite well so I wouldn't switch. This cart also seems more aimed at people who liked the R4/M3DS simply range. A simply, no nonsense cart. Depending on the price it could be a nice addition for people too though. Or for your little brother to be able to play too.

4. Kellicros

Kellicros GBAtemp Fan

Mar 8, 2006
    Great review, I must praise them on the ifav system, it is one feature I always wanted in a flashcart. I don't think I will be getting one though, since I have just ordered a DSTT as a replacement for my R4, would be interesting to see how much it goes on Dealextreme anyway.

5. Opium

Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Former Staff
    Dec 22, 2002
    Australia
    Nice review. I've got my sample and I'm in the process of taking some pics and doing an impressions write-up.

Although a slight spoiler:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

6. IBNobody

IBNobody I try to keep myself amused.

Nov 16, 2006
    United States
    Texas, Hang 'Em High
    Thanks for the PCB pics, Scorpei. The board looks very cheap to produce.

7. ojsinnerz.

ojsinnerz. Damned

Oct 27, 2007
    Canada
    Canada
    Hmm. I still have no intentions of switching from my SCDS1 SDHC. I'll go with a Acekard R.P.G if it somehow breaks.. But I'll still keep this in my mind for cheap recommendations.

8. Scorpei
    OP

Scorpei GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 21, 2006
    Netherlands
    A few things that are interesting to note:
    The firmware includes a file: gba_info.ini
    Also iTouch.ini is interesting as includes this in the file: /M3REAL00.NDS
    One of the firmware files also has (opened it with a hex editor) "made with PAlib" at the end of the file (one of the .eng files).
    And last there is an info.bin file that has "0288 - King Kong(E).nds" in it......

9. MrKuenning

MrKuenning GBAtemp Regular

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Alaska
    Does the card support Pokemon Battle R?

10. NeSchn

NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

Oct 4, 2007
    United States
    Troy,New York PimpStatus: King
    How do you get review copies? I have done some reviews and I haven't gotten any review copies...

11. Tanas

Tanas GBAtemp Addict

Aug 19, 2006
    I recon apart from the initial production costs, the card probably costs around $1 to produce, as with most slot 1 flash cards.
    The card reader that comes with it, probably costs about the same to make as the itouch itself.

12. Urza

Urza hi

Jul 18, 2007
    United States
    You generally have to own a site.

Although being able to write good reviews is somewhat crucial as well.