First Images of New Tomb Raider Movie

3211569-tr1.jpg

We now have a first hand look at what Lara Croft will look like in the upcoming 2018 Motion Picture adaption of Tomb Raider.

Vanity Fair has published a pair of images of Lara, who is played by Alicia Vikander (of The Danish Girl and Ex Machina fame).

3211570-tr2.jpg

The description for the movie reads as follows:

After the disappearance of her father (played by The Wire's Dominic West) seven years earlier, a 21-year-old Lara attempts to find him by seeking out a tomb on an island near Japan where he was last seen.

"Suddenly, the stakes couldn't be higher for Lara, who--against the odds and armed with only her sharp mind, blind faith, and inherently stubborn spirit--must learn to push herself beyond her limits as she journeys into the unknown," the official description reads. "If she survives this perilous adventure, it could be the making of her, earning her the name tomb raider.”"

The movie is not directly tied to the games and instead will be an original take on the series. These movies also have no relation to the original movies portrayed by Angelina Jolie.

This may not be a surprise to some of you but I am one of the biggest Tomb Raider fans out there. Of course, my expectations for the movie are not much but I like the way this actress looks. She's very reminiscent of the rebooted Tomb Raider's Lara.

Video Game movies are still pretty dismal, yet Tomb Raider has still managed to hold its head high as one of the most successfully adapted game-to-movie adaptions in the past few decades, both critically and financially. Maybe this Tomb Raider can set another high bar!

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
TOMB RAIDER REBOOT has right bOObs size :D

eventually devs was forced to nerf Lara's mighty pair, cauz many dudes weren't able to play the game with only ONE HAND XD

this reboot movie will be a HUGE mistake or a HUGE fl00p, cauz THIS Lara hasn't got 2 milking-able (.)(.), production company has to replace HER ASAP!!!

Last edited by leon315,

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks good. She looks the part, and I'm glad they aren't making her a walking sex object.
Yeah boobs are nice, but name one good movie that had a main character that was 100% sex appeal.

Last edited by Deboog,

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm, I haven't seen Danish Girl and Ex Machina, so I don't really have an opinion on this woman. Looking down the cast list, only name I recognize is Daniel Wu. He was the bad guy of New Police Story, working with Jackie Chan. Saw the first couple episodes of his show Into The Badlands and liked it. Having never played the Lara Croft games, I don't really have any expectations, other than knowing that 9 times out of 10, video game movies suck ass. I have a super soft spot for Mortal Kombat, believing that's the best of the lot, and also embracing Street Fighter as "so bad, it's good." Everything else, can't be arsed.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
naaaaah, tha's totally fake, a real Lara's b00bs would be bigger

They're casting a white woman, they think they've got to do something to appease the sjw's. Flattening her chest is pretty much the most they can do if they're not going to cast a POC or former man. She's got to be played by an actual person, so it's not like they can give her a goofy face like Mass Effect.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded