First images of 'Mortal Kombat' live-action movie reboot released

mk-movie-png.238230

The Mortal Kombat live-action movie reboot is set to release this April 16 but we did not get any sneak peek at how the new adaptation of the iconic video game franchise will look like on the big screen; until today. Entertainment Weekly just released preview stills from the movie in an exclusive article. The official Twitter account of the Mortal Kombat movie followed suit by releasing a few more images:

2.jpg 8.jpg 7.jpg 6.jpg 5.jpg 4.jpg 3.jpg 1.jpg 9.jpg
According to the Entertainment Weekly article, the movie kicks off with a 10-minute opening sequence set in feudal Japan about the blood feud between the clans of Hanzo and Bi-Han, which ends in "a pretty nasty hand-to-hand combat" between the characters who eventually end up becoming Scorpion and Sub-Zero.

On its release date of April 16, the live-action Mortal Kombat movie will be available both in theatres and to stream on HBO Max on the same day. While we wait for a few more months (or at least for a trailer), what do you think of the cast from the images released today?

:arrow: SOURCE

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure about those fire effects, though could be placeholders/not final render.

Will wait for final though as in motion and respect for the general concept remains to be seen.

Reactions: SSKRider

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh boy, I have 0 hopes for this movie.

The first MK Movie was good and the 2nd was decent. I'm kinda confused because the games never followed the story Johnny Cage died in the 2nd movie but he is alive in the games. Same thing applies to Liu Kang he died in deadly alliance but he is alive in MK 11 but he was dead in MK Deception.

Zombie Liu Kang Was badass

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh boy, I have 0 hopes for this movie.
Particular reason why?

The effects in those stills are not great but part of the charm possibly.
Several of the actors have a proper martial arts background and others with at least a history in action films.

The company, which includes people behind the earlier efforts, and director seem to be all about getting a nice high rating and going for gore (no must be 15/pg-13 type deal that has tanked so many other such films over the years). I will give that the director is having this as a first feature (mostly commercials* before now -- https://www.simonmcquoid.com/ but saw a few and seems like he does OK, and many of those include things for computer games).

*commercials are actually arguably one of the harder disciplines in video making.

Cinematographer seems pretty good in the trailers I saw for his other films ( https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1718181/?ref_=vp_back ) which includes some action.

By no means is anything guaranteed, and being a computer game film then it is not like that is a high bar, but I am not seeing anything that particularly tanks my hopes here.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Particular reason why?

The effects in those stills are not great but part of the charm possibly.
Several of the actors have a proper martial arts background and others with at least a history in action films.

The company, which includes people behind the earlier efforts, and director seem to be all about getting a nice high rating and going for gore (no must be 15/pg-13 type deal that has tanked so many other such films over the years). I will give that the director is having this as a first feature (mostly commercials* before now -- https://www.simonmcquoid.com/ but saw a few and seems like he does OK, and many of those include things for computer games).

*commercials are actually arguably one of the harder disciplines in video making.

Cinematographer seems pretty good in the trailers I saw for his other films ( https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1718181/?ref_=vp_back ) which includes some action.

By no means is anything guaranteed, and being a computer game film then it is not like that is a high bar, but I am not seeing anything that particularly tanks my hopes here.
I seen both, and liked the first movie, so I was pretty butt hurt about the second one. I tend to have 0 faith when it comes to Hollywood.

D

Deleted User

This time around, they have enough to get Jean-Claude Camille François Van Varenberg.
I hope they do, before it takes too much make-up and CGI for him to play Johnny Cage.

I also hope they use his full name in the Credit Roll.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: