First images of 'Mortal Kombat' live-action movie reboot released

mk-movie-png.238230

The Mortal Kombat live-action movie reboot is set to release this April 16 but we did not get any sneak peek at how the new adaptation of the iconic video game franchise will look like on the big screen; until today. Entertainment Weekly just released preview stills from the movie in an exclusive article. The official Twitter account of the Mortal Kombat movie followed suit by releasing a few more images:

2.jpg 8.jpg 7.jpg 6.jpg 5.jpg 4.jpg 3.jpg 1.jpg 9.jpg
According to the Entertainment Weekly article, the movie kicks off with a 10-minute opening sequence set in feudal Japan about the blood feud between the clans of Hanzo and Bi-Han, which ends in "a pretty nasty hand-to-hand combat" between the characters who eventually end up becoming Scorpion and Sub-Zero.

On its release date of April 16, the live-action Mortal Kombat movie will be available both in theatres and to stream on HBO Max on the same day. While we wait for a few more months (or at least for a trailer), what do you think of the cast from the images released today?

:arrow: SOURCE

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are certain things in life that should not be touched or tampered with in any way. This live adaptation train is way too bumpy to ride, especially when it's dealing with delicate situations regarding things we know and love, I have zero faith that this will be just as good as the original movie if at all good (I actually feel it will flop). Based on the images, this feels like a B rated movie (granted there are far worse movies out there), to summarize, I am not impressed so far.

BlackZero500

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Looks promising to be honest. But just an idea, hear me out. Make the whole movie without any synchro. Only use the soundeffects from the Mortal Kombat Games. The old ones like up until the PS One Titles maybe.

Reactions: Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over