Hardware First gen model with the blades dash- worth it?

jDSX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if it was worth buying it apparently, the seller has a custom cooled modded case "first gen model" couldn't tell if it was xenon or opus it was hooked up via hdmi, doesn't that make it zephyr? So I asked more about it, he cleaned it and gave it new thermal paste also "reballed" but I couldn't see that inside he showed it was running games cool and felt cool to the touch in game wasn't loud. What I did see what the old first dashboard with the blades as he never updated it and surely enough it can be hacked but told me he thinks it was modded before, jtag but did a full system restore so I don't know.

He's selling it for $75 with everything and a 120gb hdd, scruff controller too. the console was kept nice and didn't make much noise to my surprise. should I buy it if I want to run backups, homebrew etc?

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep. Good price on a 360 with HDD and controller, let alone a Jtagable console. Just verify by seeing what kernel it’s on in system settings, but I’m pretty sure blades is always jtagable.

Ask them who reballed it also. If they say themselves, ask what equipment they used. Don’t give them any hints, but look for them to say Scotle or Achi or IR6000 or higher.

Last edited by brickmii82,

jDSX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep. Good price on a 360 with HDD and controller, let alone a Jtagable console. Just verify by seeing what kernel it’s on in system settings, but I’m pretty sure blades is always jtagable.

Ask them who reballed it also. If they say themselves, ask what equipment they used. Don’t give them any hints, but look for them to say Scotle or Achi or IR6000 or higher.

He says it can be soft modded too, can it be? I thought they all needed to be hard modded?

He mentioned Achi mod before when we spoke

Last edited by jDSX,

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They do. Other than the King Kong exploit which isn’t permanent and has to be done every time, idk of any other non-hw hacks. Just check the kernel version and the power outlet on the Xbox itself. If it’s a Zephyr, you can ID it from that. If the kernel is 7371 it “should” be jtaggable. Some of them aren’t even on that version but you’d have to dump the nand and see the CB version to know for sure.

http://team-xecuter.com/forums/threads/53528-JTAG-Compatible-Dash-Kernel-Versions-How-To-Check-*UPDATED-30-DEC-2010*

I think blades dash is kernel 1888, but forgive me if I’m wrong. That came out a looooong time ago lol.

jDSX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They do. Other than the King Kong exploit which isn’t permanent and has to be done every time, idk of any other non-hw hacks. Just check the kernel version and the power outlet on the Xbox itself. If it’s a Zephyr, you can ID it from that. If the kernel is 7371 it “should” be jtaggable. Some of them aren’t even on that version but you’d have to dump the nand and see the CB version to know for sure.

http://team-xecuter.com/forums/threads/53528-JTAG-Compatible-Dash-Kernel-Versions-How-To-Check-*UPDATED-30-DEC-2010*

I think blades dash is kernel 1888, but forgive me if I’m wrong. That came out a looooong time ago lol.

Okay I took a look at the power brick it shows 14,2A: 150W dash 5726

Last edited by jDSX,

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The power brick won’t tell you for sure. You have to inspect the power socket in the Xbox and compare to @DinohScene’s guide in hacking. All we know is that the power brick came from a falcon, and it’s for sure jtagable. Unless it already is jtagged/rgh’d and the dash used in Jrunner is 5726

Wait a sec, 150W with 14.2A? You sure? The 14.2A power bricks are usually 175W rating.

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The power brick won’t tell you for sure. You have to inspect the power socket in the Xbox and compare to @DinohScene’s guide in hacking. All we know is that the power brick came from a falcon, and it’s for sure jtagable. Unless it already is jtagged/rgh’d and the dash used in Jrunner is 5726
Jrunner wouldn't use a dash that old - first would be 7371 bare minimum - also, a Falcon PSU wouldn't work on a zephyr/xenon board.

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jrunner wouldn't use a dash that old - first would be 7371 bare minimum - also, a Falcon PSU wouldn't work on a zephyr/xenon board.
If you knock out the square tab it works fine. I’m not sure about Jrunner having a dash that old though.

Even still, the 14.2 with the 150W rating is weird. 150W bricks come with Jaspers.

jDSX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wait a sec, 150W with 14.2A? You sure? The 14.2A power bricks are usually 175W rating.

I miss read reading another one it sorry it's 175w

Reactions: brickmii82

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I miss read reading another one it sorry it's 175w
That’s just the power brick though, all of them are made to be forward compatible but not reverse compatible. A 203W brick will work on all phats, but a 150W jasper(last phat model) brick will only work on a jasper. You need to look at the power socket to know for sure which board it is. Either way, it seems legit to jtag.

jDSX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jkjj.png

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it’s likely the second gen. There’s actually a version 2 of the falcon board that the die process of the GPU was changed due to persistent RROD issues, but they still had development on Jaspers going so they made those the last version of the phat.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.