First Gameplay Video For 'Little Dragons Café' from 'Harvest Moon' Creator Released

little dragons cafe.JPG

Raise a dragon and build your family eatery in an imaginative new game.

That's what you can expect from Little Dragons Café, Harvest Moon creator Yasuhiro Wada. Announced in February, Aksys Games will be handling the western localization for the game and the company has released the very first video showcasing the title's gameplay:

The story opens with a twin brother and sister learning to cook and manage a small café under their mother’s tutelage. All was peaceful and routine until one morning when the twins discover that their mother has fallen into a deep sleep and won’t wake up. Suddenly, a strange old man appears to inform them that they must raise a dragon in order to save her. Working together with three quirky café employees, the two siblings must figure out how to a wrangle a dragon and manage the family business while finding a way to save their mother.

Features of Little Dragons Café include:
  • Dragon Husbandry
Embrace your parental instincts and raise your very own dragon! Through wise decisions, proper nutrition, and empathetic nurturing show the world the true potential of your dragon companion!​
  • Culinary Capitalism
Learn new recipes and master the art of cooking while running your very own café. Explore the world, discover new ingredients, and expand your menu (and your restaurant) while catering to the whims of your customers.​
  • Grow Your Own
The tastiest dishes use the freshest ingredients, and the best way to insure that is to grow your own produce. Till the land and fish the rivers to gather the most flavorful fixings for your signature dishes.​
  • Serve the People
Feeding is nurturing, so you not only cook for your neighbors, but also help them with their problems to increase your popularity and the general happiness of everyone around you.​

Little Dragons Café will be coming to the Nintendo Switch and the PlayStation 4 in late summer 2018.

:arrow: Little Dragons Café Official Website

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
+1 i liked it too. The cartoon feel and texture pf the graphics adds to the fancy things to look at. The concept seems a little gamble but interesting.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I do hope they add some sort of combat

"Yall' kids and your photo realistic graphics"
I know, I may sound like an old man, but the last thing that matters to me is how "realistic" the graphics are:P As long as it's not TOO buggy, I don't care how it looks whatsoever and only care about how FUN the game is, too bad not many share that opinion nowadays:/

Reactions: AutumnWolf

AutumnWolf

JRPG enjoyer, Xenoblade, YS and DQ connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
I know, I may sound like an old man, but the last thing that matters to me is how "realistic" the graphics are:P As long as it's not TOO buggy, I don't care how it looks whatsoever and only care about how FUN the game is, too bad not many share that opinion nowadays:/
I don't like realistic looking graphics and I agree with you

(the "yall kids" thing was a joke :P)

Last edited by AutumnWolf,
Reactions: ThoD

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I don't like realistic looking graphics and I agree with you

(the "yall kids" thing was a joke :P)
I don't care enough to like or dislike realistic-looking graphics, so as long as it's not a bad game that just looks good, I won't have an issue. And I got the joke, don't worry:P I just said that since you brought it up, I know we are similar in what we want in a game.

Reactions: AutumnWolf

TheTrueDream42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like a fun game. The graphics doesn't matter as long as the game itself is fun.

For lovers of the game, the graphics are doing some of the shadows poorly, the biggest examples is the guy's face at 1:45ish and the sister's dress at 3:00, and the other complaint is how things are just popping into existence with the flying parts of the video, though I've played plenty of games like that without problems.

For the haters of the graphics beyond the shadows and draw distance, it is a mix of the style they choosen for this game (the wallpaper and dresser for example is giving it a picture book look/feel for the game), to just the style the creators often make their games with (the expression of the characters and the different emotion symbols appearing around them).

The frame rate drop during the garden harvest part is my main concern for the game, but it might just be the way they recorded it or be fixed before release.

dude22072

Trophies
Website
dude22072.com
XP
Country
United States
Looks like a Gamecube game with slightly better lighting.
Also exploring without combat doesn't seem very interesting.

I do hope they add some sort of combat

Because every game needs combat in it, totally.
It's from the creator of harvest moon, it's meant to be a relaxing casual game, not an action-packed RPG.

D

Deleted User

yeah im not playing a 14 fps 480p harvest moon game in 2018, who would even think thatd make for a good showcase video christ

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
This just looks like a stylized Harvest Moon, with extra steps. The one thing I can't stand about it is the stiff animations. Very unrealistic and 90's-era jerkyness.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Wew, such a negative response in this thread. The shadows look bad, yea, but the graphics are exactly what I'd expect. It looks like it's right out of a storybook, cute as fuck man.
I mean they really are completely awful. The way they look themselves isn't terrible but the video showed pop in, low draw distance, texture issues, For a PS4/Switch game it really is far below par.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean they really are completely awful. The way they look themselves isn't terrible but the video showed pop in, low draw distance, texture issues, For a PS4/Switch game it really is far below par.
Makes me think it was being developed for 3ds initially.

Reactions: Pluupy

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some people just don't understand what artistic style means nowadays, it's pitiful...
The art style chosen is still weird enough. Sometimes it uses 2d objects and 3d ones stylized as papercraft or something like that, then it moves to full 3d models and ambients ignoring the first 2d and papercraft stuff, then the shading/shadows and weird colors usage... eh... im not a graphics whore, but it indeed looks werid, and runs... pretty badly, how did they even submited a trailer like that? there were a few of graphical errors too...

BadWrongFun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love virtual pet stuff DEARLY so I'm definitely all over this. I wanna raise a pet dragon. Like I really hate how stuff virtual pet stuff ran out of fashion. We had great PS1 titles for that like Monster Rancher and Digimon World, the Chao sections in the Sonic Adveture games for Dreamcast/Gamecube, and such, and DS titles like Monster's Tale and Nintendogs. But we got nothing really after that, and I hate that.

The restaurant aspect in interesting too.

I didn't notice anything wrong with the graphics, but I just got my eyes checked and need a new prescription. So maybe it's just my eyes literally being faulty.

Last edited by BadWrongFun,

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm I like it. It's got a bit of everything. I was hoping the dragon would become bigger, but I guess it would be difficult to get it to fit in smaller spaces when mounted. I don't care for the sick mother plot, but I like running a store and raising a dragon. The characters are cute. It reminds me of Atelier Annie on DS.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
so basicaly harvest moon mees tamagochi type of deal? and run a cafee? seems preety crappy, im guessing its one of those games there is no risk to anything you cant loose no matter what.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.