First game you ever played? And your top favorite?

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First game? Plutonia Doom
tongue.gif

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
First game I remember playing on a home console was STAR RAIDERS on the ATARI 2600
(Man, am I old or what
cry.gif
)

First Arcade game...... used to sneak onto my local train station platform to play SPACE INVADERS in the cafe there - must have been around 1978-79

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Man there's no way to tell. If I first played a game at an arcade it could've been ms. pacman or centipede or millipede..and first game on a tv set could've been donkey kong, pac man, asteroids or who knows what else
smile.gif
donkey kong kicks tall ass though come to think of it.

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i remember playing those monochrome left and right only games. some f1 racing game where you have to dodge the cars as they fell down... ah those were the days. but console wise i remember playing pacman. on the atari.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
First ever game i played:

Pong

At my uncles house he had some kind of computer for his work and he had only 1 game for it, there where 2 paddles and the game was pong

My all time fav game is made by Publisher Ocean in 1992 (made by: Red Rat Software)

- Push-Over
http://www.lemonamiga.com/?game_id=870
(For a small movie of the intro (From the Amiga game))

Then comes:

- Loderunner

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It was one of them Pong style tv games. You moved the controllers dial and controller 1 of the 2 bats and hit a square ball. It seemed state of the art back in the day.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My first played game was Hero on Atari 2600 as far as I remember. Later followed by Super Mario Bros. and Metroid on NES.

My favorite game of all consoles so far is the godly Metroid Prime
bow.gif

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
The first game I ever played must have been some lame Freddi Fish game or something. And the best I've ever played is either Conker's Bad Fur Day or Resident Evil 4.

looneyboy784

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first game was Tetris. My favorite is Mystical Ninja Staring Goemon. For some reason I can play that game over and over without getting bored I have probubly beaten it close to 30 times.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My First:

Super Mario Bros. 2 on the NES. You know, that one with the veggies, flying masks of diving doom, and that transvestite of a dinosaur, Birdo? Couldn't have been older than 5, can't believe I remember still remember this... Anyway, I fondly remember playing the game repeatedly but me, being a 5 year old n00b, couldn't even make it past the first set of waterfall logs in the first world...
sleep.gif
My journey into the the world of Super Mario Bros. 2 ended when I reached a group of cascading logs. Whenever I play that game today and I reach that pair of logs, I always let out a stupid chuckle, those logs are bitches.

My Fav:

I don't have specific favorite games, but more like specific favorite series. Almost all of my gaming youth was spent on the Genesis (aka Mega Drive), my dad had bought it for the Football titles and stuff, but I quickly took over with my own titles.

Sonic, oh how I love you. I owned every single Sonic game that was released on the Genesis, I grew up with that pixelated Hedgehog.
happy.gif
I also had three younger siblings, so 2 player co-op and the addition of VS. racing modes in the later games helped keep the boring days at bay. The Genesis still stands as my favorite classic console.

Moving forward a bit to more current-gen platforms, my 2nd favorite series is definitely the Metal Gear Solid grouping. Every new title in the series brings a new gameplay element that adds new spice to the classic MGS recipe. The first time I gave the stealth factor a spin (on the PS MGS) I was instantly addicted. Not to mention Kojima is one hell of a storyteller and David Hayter has a voice to die for...
nyanya.gif

Thanks for creating this topic, btw, makes for a good read and brings back plenty of warm, fuzzy memories
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Normal sandwich bread is actually pretty good for sausage depends on length of course