First game you ever played? And your top favorite?

JPH

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, I was just wondering: What was the first game you ever layed yer hands on?
And what is your top favorite?

Bein' born in the 90's, my cousins and I played Nintendo 64 together.
The first game I played: Perfect Zero for N64.

I know have more appreciation for older games, heh.

Earthbound is my top favorite game ever.
Followed up by Pokemon Silver, Tetris, and Halo.

So, what about you fellers?

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm from '85 and I used to play commodore 64 with my dad when I was like 3 or 4 years old. I played Donkey Kong and some other games I don't remember the names of. When I was 5 or 6 or something dad bought me and my sis a NES for Christmas. That's the first time I was really wowed by videogames.

You know, even having played videogames before the NES, the NES was the first time where I felt really connected to the game. Anyone else that moved the controller up when pressing the jump button? I did, though I stopped doing that soon after I saw how silly my mom looked while doing that (and she still does it to this day, haha).

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My first game was one of these:

Pac-Man (PC, 5 1/4")
Decathlon (PC, 5 1/4")

Many don't know these games even *existed* (on the PC, and not some cheap clones of the game), I should feel old.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm not sure but its likely to be either, Space Invaders or Desert Falcon on the Atari 2600 about 20 years ago.

Fav game, not sure again, but I do keep going back to LoZ: LA on the GameBoy.

JPH

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm from '85 and I used to play commodore 64 with my dad when I was like 3 or 4 years old. I played Donkey Kong and some other games I don't remember the names of. When I was 5 or 6 or something dad bought me and my sis a NES for Christmas. That's the first time I was really wowed by videogames.

You know, even having played videogames before the NES, the NES was the first time where I felt really connected to the game. Anyone else that moved the controller up when pressing the jump button? I did, though I stopped doing that soon after I saw how silly my mom looked while doing that (and she still does it to this day, haha).

I only "get into the game" when I'm playing action/shooter games
tongue.gif

I do that in secret secret though.

PS - 500 POSTS!

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I *think* my first game was moon patrol on the Amstrad, we had hundreds of amstrad games, that's the only one I remember that I knew I liked.

after that I didn't play many games until the n64, like, I watched my brothers play Zelda, Mario, street fighter, full throttle, etc, I'd occasionally have a turn at something, or complete a level or two, but I never played a game myself until the n64, and ofcourse by then it was super mario 64.

top favourite, has to be Super Metroid.

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First game I ever played was tetris on one of the old grey brick gameboys (my aunts). I am living proof that tetris DOES cause addiction
tongue.gif
. My favorite would have to be Metroid: Zero Mission, bacause it's what got me into the Metroid series.

BTW: Who else can't wait for Metroid Prime 3?

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first game to play was a game my dad and his brother created on an Apple II, called Death Chamber, haha. Homebrew from the beginning.

First commercial game I ever played was Donkey Kong in an arcade at some grocery store, and I can't believe I remember that. And then Super Mario Bros. on the NES was the first game I owned, I think I was 8.

T!b0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hmm I can't remember which one was the first, but it must have been PacMan or Asteroids, or Combat...

As for the favorite of all time... That's so hard to choose
unsure.gif

I guess it would be Super Metroid.. Or Secret of Mana for playing it with my bro so much!!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think my first game is Donkey kong, on nintendo Game&Watch.
Not so sure though, I can't remember well.

on console, maybe Centipede or MarioBros. on Atari in 80's

My memory is escaping ...
wacko.gif

edit :
Best game, there are many :/
Xenogears, ICO, FF6, Chrono Trigger, Mana, Super metroid ^^
(hey, Super metroid is the most said)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.