Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FFXIII2_logo.jpg

Final Fantasy XIII-2 only just hit store shelves today, but Square Enix is already planning the game's first downloadable content, due out next week.

On February 7, gamers can download the coliseum battle Lightning and Master Sergeant Amodar on Xbox Live and the PlayStation Network for 240 MS points, or $3.

In the content, players will fight against foes from previous Final Fantasy games. Additionally, when these adversaries fall, players can recruit them to their party.

Source

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Next week? Dang that is fast. Still seems like it is content that should have been added on release, but for $3 it seems like it is cheap enough.

I'm importing the Asia edition so I am hoping that some DLC makes it onto the HK PSN or wherever so I can get it too :)

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Still seems like it is content that should have been added on release
No it doesn't, this is DLC. It's not FFXIII-2 Lightning, it's FFXIII Lightning and Lightnings Sergeant.
Feels like Nujui ninjaed @prowler_ and his FF craze.
I would've posted this a couple of days ago but it's only DLC.

Reactions: 1 person

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So 13-2 and 13 take place in the world Chaos tried to destroy and the other characters haven't found away home or have been cloned?

adrian2040

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
After buying the DLC, at what point in the game will I be able to battle them and/or how powerful would I need to be to defeat them?

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Still seems like it is content that should have been added on release
No it doesn't, this is DLC. It's not FFXIII-2 Lightning, it's FFXIII Lightning and Lightnings Sergeant.
Does that really make a difference?
Using Tales games as an example, this kind of thing used to be in the game from the start for free.
Fighting past characters in the arena as a neat little bonus, sometimes after a side quest.
Same with costumes, they used to be unlockable via side quests in the game itself.

Now they're "added" as "DLC" with a price tag on them.
Makes me sad.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does that really make a difference?
Using Tales games as an example, this kind of thing used to be in the game from the start for free.
Fighting past characters in the arena as a neat little bonus, sometimes after a side quest.
Same with costumes, they used to be unlockable via side quests in the game itself.

Now they're "added" as "DLC" with a price tag on them.
Makes me sad.

Japanese DLC always seems rather "light" compared to western DLC. Like you buy a piece of DLC for Borderlands and you get a rather large new area full of quests and plenty of weapons and shit. You get some Japanese game and you can buy like... costumes.

Although western DLC (COUGH FUCKING COUGH HORSE ARMOR) isn't exactly exempt from releasing dumb, fluffy DLC.

cloudstr1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.