First DSi Ware Applications revealed + new WarioWare details!

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by CockroachMan, Oct 31, 2008.

1. CockroachMan
    OP

CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Jan 14, 2006
    Brazil
    Brazil
    The DSi app store is coming up in Japan this December. Nintendo unveiled the first applications available:

Art Style series - 6 games - 500 Nintendo Points each
    [​IMG]

Selected minigames from the original WarioWare on the GBA - 200 Nintendo Points each
    [​IMG]

Train line maps
    [​IMG]

Utsusu! Made in Wario! - 500 Nintendo Points - Available on DSi Store's launch. Take pictures and create minigames with them
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Nintendo also announced new details from "Made in Ore", the new WarioWare title that let's you make your own minigames.. you'll be able to make your own music, graphics and the logic in the game. And you'll be able to connect this game with the newly announced

Asobu! Made in Ore
    new WiiWare title that let's you play your minigames with friends on your Wii.

source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=340659

2. Maikel Steneker

Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

May 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    It looks interesting. Not worth buying an DSi for, but interesting nevertheless.

3. Jax

Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Jul 31, 2006
    Portugal
    L.A.V.
    Three new WarioWare games?! Isn't that too much?

4. CockroachMan
    OP

Jan 14, 2006
    Brazil
    Brazil
    WarioWare is never too much! [​IMG]

And WarioWare is always used to test Nintendo's new technologies.. lol [​IMG]

I'm thinking here that most of the DSiWare stuff will be composed of simple games like those.. I like the idea of having applications like that Train Line Map, very useful.

5. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    The three Art Style games on WiiWare are great so would look forward to playing the new DS ones...thats if either Nintendo releases something for us DS/DSL owners or someone can get them to work on our dodgy devices.

Looks like we'll get three all new Wario Ware games next year (as well as the mini levels from GBA game). Asobu! Made in Ore for WiiWare, Made in Ore for DS and then Utsusu! Made in Wario! on DSiWare.

6. TrolleyDave

TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

Former Staff
    Jan 1, 2007
    Wales, UK
    I like the idea of the downloadable content, specially now that I've seen that it's not just games and games adverts. I'm looking forward to seeing how it stores them, whether it writes them to the SD card or in some kind of flash memory in the DSi.

The stuff doesn't really seem all that expensive either if it turns out to be uncrackable. I wouldn't grab everything obviously, but if the stuff hovers around the 500 mark it's pretty reasonable.

7. Batman55

Batman55 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 21, 2007
    Canada
    I hope it becomes pirate-able. That create-your-own-minigames thing looks really fun. And I want to play those "Art Style" games.

8. Ferrariman

Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Dec 9, 2007
    Canada
    Canader.
    I'm going to wait for the DS to get haxxed.

9. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London
    whats the point? just play the gba game! oh wait.....

still it's a blatant rip off.

10. Trolly

Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 14, 2007
    Behind you! I know you looked!
    Isn't there any way we could run DSi firmware from a flash cart? Could produce some interesting results. Obviously the camera parts would have to be omitted though, but any DSiWare games that don't take advantage of DSi-only features could be hacked for DS-support couldn't they?
    Just an idea, though I guess we don't know the technology behind it yet.

11. Arm73

Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Mar 4, 2006
    Italy
    Switzerland
    That thing about downloading the train line map sounds good, and since it's downloadable it will be easy to update as well, if this train line in Japan is anything like the subway in New York they better keep it constantly updated....but seriously, that kind of stuff would have me sold, imagine going on vacation to another city and once you get there you just download maps and look them up on your DSi.......if it only could have some kind of gps software it could be awesome...same things for museums or things like Six Flags....

12. gizmo_gal

gizmo_gal QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!

Apr 10, 2008
    United States
    1st dimension, Earth
    That stuff seems interesting but I've gotta say I think that the prices are too much.

Two dollars for a micro game?

13. CockroachMan
    OP

Jan 14, 2006
    Brazil
    Brazil
    From the screenshots, the games being sold are not the micro 5 seconds games, but stuff like the boss battles and unlockable games from WarioWare.. but I still agree that they are expensive..

edit: Also, a song on Guitar Hero is 2 dollars, a new cloth for Sackboy on LBP is 1.99, a new stage on Megaman 9 is 3 dollars.. so, if you think about it.. downloadable stuff is expensive overall :/

14. mkoo

mkoo GBAtemp Fan

Aug 30, 2007
    I'll never understand this new concept of DLC. Who on the face of the planet would pay a single penny for a bloody song or stage.
    [​IMG]

15. Batman55

Batman55 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 21, 2007
    Canada
    Well, that's why we pirate stuff [​IMG]

I'm gonna get this, but wait until there is a surefire way to pirate games on it. I don't want to risk bricking it, or doing some crazy flashing or w/e. I want something simple like a slot-1 cart.

16. Mei-o

Mei-o Generic Asian Kid™

Jun 22, 2008
    Somewherewherewhere
    Wtf, talk about overpriced!

17. quim69

quim69 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 26, 2008
    Netherlands Antilles
    Idiots, especially the ones who buy content that is already on the disc (as in the case of soul calibur).

18. NiGHtS

NiGHtS GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 9, 2007
    MINIGAMES

The sole reason why Nintendo exist ¬_¬

19. Bergunzo

Bergunzo GBAtemp Regular

Apr 14, 2007
    Italy
    Italy
    I think that Wario Ware game that use Camera may be interesting.

20. Searinox

Searinox <3

Dec 16, 2007
    Romania
    A thought came up: develop a homebrew that mimics the DSi firmware's "ware" capability, saving to microSD instead of SD slot and uses slot-2 RAM?