Gaming First DSi-enhanced game coming June 2009 (?)

Fabis94

Xbawx playa
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1. From what i have found Ubisoft has announced a cooking game (My Cooking Coach) that will have a DSi feature (camera), but wont be DSiWare. This means that we will finally have a game that could help us hack the DSi.

Source: http://ds.nintendolife.com/news/2009/04/ub...i_enhanced_game
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=151304#
The release date is JUNE 2ND. And that's not it, they have some more DSi games in the works, too:

"Ubisoft said it has "several other new games specifically created for the Nintendo DSi" to follow." Source

2. Also the new zelda game might have some DSi features. In this interview, Fils-Aime said: "Wouldn't that be nice?"

Also here Nintendo talks about DSi enhanced game carts. This might be the thing we are fearing (new type of flashcarts that might need new firmwares installed or could block existing flashcarts). Not sure about this, but meh >.<
There will be DSi-enhanced carts and DSi-only carts that will use all the DSi's features (more ram, bigger screens, camera).

"DSi Cards will work exclusively on a DSi unit and will take advantage of its extra horsepower, the larger screens and its cameras, whereas "DSi-Enhanced Cards" will work on both the original Nintendo DS (and DS Lites) and the new DSi, with gameplay enhancements and new features available when played on a DSi." Source

One of the features that are talked about a lot is the ability to make textures with the camera. You could take a picture of your face and add it to your characters face, or take a picture of real life grass and add it to the game so the game has realistic grass. Sounds pretty cool.

"For example," he notes, "you will use these features if you want to create textures from photographs taken with the DSi camera." During his own speech, "The Inspiration Behind Nintendo DSi Development," Kuwahara said that these "Nintendo DSi Enhanced" game cards are still in the process of being developed.

Kotaku adds (it is unclear whether it was said by Kuwahara or not) that the feature "could be used in games like Animal Crossing: Wild World, which currently uses an in-game texture creation tool that allows users to create patterns with the DS touchscreen."" Source

P.S. Couldn't find a topic about this game on GBAtemp.net, but if there is a topic you can delete this one >.< Also i haven't searched for any other DSi enhanced games, but if i will find some i will post here.

Fabis94

Xbawx playa
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I hope this will help us hack the DSi
tongue.gif
June 2nd isn't that far anyway.

deathking

Trophies
Website
toxsic.com
XP
Country
United States
large.jpg

DSi, gives DSi owners exclusive access to ten extra recipes and utilises the DSi's camera to "personalise users' profiles". A spokesperson from Ubisoft tells us that this will allow for budding chefs to add their own faces to their in-game avatar and save pictures of their own meals during and after the cooking process for future reference.

the 10 extra recipes will most likely be code unlocked which would be easily hacked with ar2 codes ,they wont waste time making a special cart for ten recipes for a game that is not likely to sell that much .
the other features are mega lame , add your photo to a chef or take a photo of the recipe , which i doubt will see the target market non video game player shell out another 2 hundred bucks on a system they already own.

i hope this lame game does unlock firmware for the dsi , but i wont be upgrading until it allows homebrew and my current dsi wares out or breaks.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's all just hope they don't start making too many DSi-only games and that they ALL will still work on a phat/lite, even if it's in a watered-down form. As soon as they start with the DSi-only stuff, that pretty much spells the end for phat/lite's. And I don't plan to buy into a DSi any time soon, if at all. Once DSi takes over and phat/lite software stops, I'm done.

Fabis94

Xbawx playa
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rayder said:
Let's all just hope they don't start making too many DSi-only games and that they ALL will still work on a phat/lite, even if it's in a watered-down form. As soon as they start with the DSi-only stuff, that pretty much spells the end for phat/lite's. And I don't plan to buy into a DSi any time soon, if at all. Once DSi takes over and phat/lite software stops, I'm done.

That's pretty stupid. DSLite switching to DSi is like when DSPhat switched to a DSLite. DSLite doesn't have almost any changes at all (only the brightness changes and the design change) from the DSPhat so why didn't you make complaints like this, then? DSi has more differences from the DSLite than DSLite from DSPhat. So i have no idea why do you hate the DSi. Makes no sense to me.

Kishire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taking a picture of real life grass or other items to make use in the game?

ugh, I'd rather just sit in one spot and play the game, not walking around finding things to take picture of...sounds complicated, hopefully its a optional thing.

Islay

Trophies
XP
Country
I agree with Fabis94 it worth it just for the WAP internet, now i don't need a lame dongle .

Uruha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For #3, ur saying we will need new flashcarts to run those DSi games? tsk, didnt see that coming... now it makes me not want to buy a flashcart for my DSi yet even more!

deathking

Trophies
Website
toxsic.com
XP
Country
United States
my favourite feature is the take photos of your cooking process to help you next time ,if they cant do a good enough job with the pictures i suggest they take longer to produce the game . next they should just sell a recipe book and you take the photos and store them on the dsi.

the new camera feature now seems like companies are going to get lazier , lets not worry about drawing grass lets have the consumer do it for us.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zufnIPGYQx8 +1