Hardware First critic review of the American 3DS

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Nintendo improves the battery life of the 3DS in the next revision, I'm expecting the revision to get (at the most) an 8.

IGN will still complain that it isn't hard-core and can't play CoD.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Slyakin said:
IGN will still complain that it isn't hard-core and can't play CoD.
Oh it can play CoD. And it will. Maybe not the console versions but you can be sure the 3DS will have each future CoD title unless Sony buys the rights.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a little sad that the video review over at nintendo3dsblog is more comprehensive and well balanced then IGN's is. How the mighty have fallen, IGN used to be great back in the day.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xuphor said:
IGN just reviewed Pilotwings.
http://ds.ign.com/articles/115/1156877p1.html
And this is how they start their review
QUOTE said:
Wii Sports Resort is back. Did you miss it?
Pure ignorance, they should have said:
PilotWings is back. Did you miss it?
Pilot Wings is a classic SNES/N64 game, and they pass it up for the mere fact that you're on Wuhu Island...
AwesomeCenterReduxpissedface.png

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
KingVamp said:
How does not getting it at launch answer if the system is worth $250?
At launch, there are so few good games worth their 40 dollar price, that you'll have either the in-built games, or one game.
Not really worth 250 dollars if you don't have something you need to play right then.
But if you like playing the same zelda from 9001 years ago again, then in June it will be worth 250 dollars since you need to play it.

They're re-iterating that Games Sell Systems.

QUOTE(machomuu @ Mar 22 2011, 02:21 AM) Pilot Wings is a classic SNES/N64 game, and they pass it up for the mere fact that you're on Wuhu Island...
The snes and n64 pilot wings had how many venues to fly around?
More than one?
Oh. I see.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nollog said:
KingVamp said:
At launch, there are so few good games worth their 40 dollar price, that you'll have either the in-built games, or one game.
Not really worth 250 dollars if you don't have something you need to play right then.
But if you like playing the same zelda from 9001 years ago again, then in June it will be worth 250 dollars since you need to play it.

Whether a device is worth it price vs is the device worth getting right not, seem different to me.

Should be like this device is fair for it price, but you may want to wait until there is more games out.

Plus why did they not include/base it off the launch window games?

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Nollog said:
The snes and n64 pilot wings had how many venues to fly around?
More than one?
Oh. I see.

Do the backgrounds available in the flightschool of the original really add up to more than an island's worth? If they'd split it up into the volcano section, the tennis courts section, the coast section etc instead of having all the rest of the location as the background of the current mission, would that have been better? If the original Pilotwings had never come out on the SNES and was released now with modern graphics it'd be called casual and limited by today's teenage brats, people don't want games to just be games any more.

modshroom128

Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
I love how he said "MAKING IT A PAIN TO STICK IN YOUR POCKET HURRRR DURRRR"

A terrible almost biased review, leaving out a lot of key features of the new handheld and simply glossing over others.

IGN i will no longer be reading any of your reviews.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
KingVamp said:
Nollog said:
KingVamp said:

Whether a device is worth it price vs is the device worth getting right now, seem different to me.

Should be like this device is fair for it price, but you may want to wait until there is more games out.

Americans need to stop complaining, you got the lowest price for the console in the world, so get over yourselves.

It's just his opinion. He doesn't control IGN readers.
He didn't think the 3rd party games were very good, and Nintendo's offerings weren't great.
In his mind, the system itself isn't worth 250 usd alone, he wants games to fill in the gap in its value.

I disagree, the update, games announced, and games included for free make it worth 350 usd imo.
And I'm only paying around 300.

KevInChester

Trophies
XP
Country
For those of us who grew up with the Game Gear/Lynx, that battery life is amazing
smile.gif
When you need more life, turn the sound/brightness down and lose the 3d effect. Everyones a winner.

Played one today, thought it was decent, took a few seconds for my eyes to adjust to the 3d.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nollog said:
KingVamp said:
Whether a device is worth it price vs is the device worth getting right now, seem different to me.

Americans need to stop complaining, you got the lowest price for the console in the world, so get over yourselves.

It's just his opinion. He doesn't control IGN readers.
He didn't think the 3rd party games were very good, and Nintendo's offerings weren't great.
In his mind, the system itself isn't worth 250 usd alone, he wants games to fill in the gap in its value.
OK, then again I ask why did they not include/base it off the launch window games as well?
I disagree, the update, games announced, and games included for free make it worth 350 usd imo.
And I'm only paying around 300.
Now where do you see complaining about the price?

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
KingVamp said:
Now where do you see complaining about the price?
I see americans complaining every day about the 3ds price tag.
stop being american and then you won't.

OK, then again I ask why did they not include/base it off the launch window games as well?
They did, dummy.
IT IS NOT WORTH 250 TO RICHARD AT THIS MOMENT BASED ON GAMES AVAILABLE.
HHOOWWEEVVEERR IN JUNE IT WILL HAVE A REMAKE OF A GAME HE PLAYED 20 YEARS AGO AND WANTS TO PLAY AGAIN AND IS TOO LAZY TO PULL OUT HIS N64 OR GAMECUBE OR WII, SO THEN HE WOULD PAY 250 SO HE DOESN'T HAVE TO PULL OUT A CONSOLE ON WHICH IT WAS ALREADY RE-RELEASED ON.

sorry about the caps, I wanted it to stand out and I'd already typed it by the time I remembered bold.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
I agree with this review in that the 3DS isn't worth it until OoT remake comes out. Main reason being: That's the game I want.
Sure its a remake, but its not just a port of it. Its entirely re-drawn with added content. What's more its portable. I can play my favourite Zelda game anywhere I want (the PSP N64 Emu still kinda sucks at running it)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr