Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
I'll wait for the 3DS XL.
I keep thinking the same but with someone saying there's no plans for another version I think I'll just get this
closedeyes.gif

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course Nintendo will make revisions for their little baby money makers. They don't care about what the people think. All they want is

MONEY MONEY MONEY.

You can't trust companies.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
Of course Nintendo will make revisions for their little baby money makers. They don't care about what the people think. All they want is

MONEY MONEY MONEY.

That's Sony. Nintendo isn't the one going lawsuit happy on their customers.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xuphor said:
Slyakin said:

MONEY MONEY MONEY.

My post never even talked about lawsuits.

Companies, like I JUST SAID, only want money. Sony just does it differently then Nintendo.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Slyakin said:

MONEY MONEY MONEY.

Give this man a cookie. Completly correct.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lilsypha said:
First off, I have to say if you're relying on Kotaku and QuickJump for news .. ouch. Quite possibly two of the worst sites for news ever! In comparison, IGN is the Shakespeare to their Nora Roberts, you know? Frankly all three are shit, but for the love of all that is good start putting some better sites in your rotation.
Can you tell me of other sites that gets news first and exclusively as much as Kotaku? I'd really like to know. I really only like a few of their editors, and their community and new layout suck. But they do have usually get news first, or at least because I don't know any other sites that do. A lot of the user submitted news usually have Kotaku as their source.

QUOTE(Guild McCommunist @ Mar 19 2011, 09:49 AM) The PSP came out about roughly 6 years ago. It's retarded to brag about a system that came out this year being more powerful than a system that came out 6 years ago. Even then, the gap is not that big. Compare similarly styled games (Kingdom Hearts BBS and Kingdom Hearts 3D, MGS3D and MGS: PW, etc) and the difference is not that huge.

Your comparisons are just bad. The PSP Go is not on the same generation as the 3DS, your comparisons are about as valid as a Playstation 3 to a Gamecube.
Your comparisons are also awful because I'm sure you've coded/worked with both the 3DS and PSP. You don't really know what the 3DS is capable of so you shouldn't be comparing games that are even released yet.

Honestly, I thought IGN used to be good and 7.5 isn't a bad score if you compare it to their other gaming handhelds reviews. (which are all in the 7._ range) I don't think their coverage is so great anymore and their articles even worse. The fact that their entire(?) original Nintendo staff even makes me dislike them more.

And about hardware redesigns/revisions, if anything it will be an XL version in a couple years. The 3DS is only a couple millimeters thicker than the DSi (I was surprised when I played it for myself). New colors, though, would come a lot sooner and I'd definitely get a red to replace the Cosmo Black.

Oveneise

Trophies
Website
ACAdapterquotes.webs.com
XP
Country
United States

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oveneise said:
Joe88 said:
Xuphor said:
orly?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6249964.html?sid=6249964

Yeah but what that guy did was actually illegal. Modding and telling people how to mod their own systems isn't illegal, there's a difference. Anyways, I gtg.
posting an illegal number, threatening a company, as well as trying to cause a company financial ruin with information are all gray area to illegal acts
but the point I was trying to make was nintendo doesnt sue their customers and they very much do, not about which acts are illegal

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
QUOTE said:
Build Quality

Sports a nice glossy metallic finish and a build comparable to previous models. The buttons and thumb slider are responsive and feel great, but the bulky build limits portability.

Exactly what I thought. Nintendo made the build quality poor on purpose, so that they could convince users to buy a new designed 3DS(x) again.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
QUOTE said:
Build Quality

Sports a nice glossy metallic finish and a build comparable to previous models. The buttons and thumb slider are responsive and feel great, but the bulky build limits portability.

Exactly what I thought. Nintendo made the build quality poor on purpose, so that they could convince users to buy a new designed 3DS(x) again.
Was that a joke, because the build sounds good from my PoV. It's definitely not poor quality.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
QUOTE said:
Build Quality

And have you actually even used the 3DS? The build quality was one of things I thought was great. Oh wait, they're not saying the build quality is poor, you are. IGN is saying it's bulky when it's only a couple millimeters thicker than the DSi, but they probably thought that was bulky too. I'd say it'd be pretty difficult to slim down the 3DS cost/comfort wise. And I've noticed that maybe the iPhone/iPad/iTouch reviews do say something about the bias of the reviewer. Sure he could be reviewing tech based on what the product does, but it seems that Apple products always get the higher score.

bigpaws

Cat with da Big Paws!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Agreed
Quality was one of the things ive heard was way better then any other ds.
Your spending $250. thats more than any of the othe consoles. they would make it worth while and well built.
my question is why would nintendo revise a well selling system and how would they revise it. An XL might come, but not for a long while.
A revision might not come for 5 years even.
Battery life is fixed with the nyko power pak.

Nintendo did well with this system while keeping cost down
better graphics needs better hardware. better hardware means more expensive.
Any company could put a 2ghz cpu and 1 gb ram into a handheld but no one would buy it due to cost
same reason theres no capasitive
costs too much.

smartphons can have such hardware and const the same as a 3ds since they have a contract that pays for it. checking the non contract price will show you.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
QUOTE said:
Build Quality

IGN(orant) Post of the Year!

Have you even used the 3DS? It's at least 10 times more durable then the DS Lite. I've used it for a while, and I can easily say this.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
pachura said:
DiscostewSM said:
At no time with any of Nintendo's publicly released consoles did they ever have CD playback, so why include it now? I can understand how one would wonder why Nintendo didn't opt for DVD video playback as the drives that earlier versions had included those specific DVD read commands, but I see no reason for having CD playback at all.
How about user convenience ? If your gaming console is connected to the TV in your living room all the time, it'd be nice if it also played movies and music, so you wouldn't need to buy additional equiptment, switch TV inputs etc. It's like mobile phones - when you're buying a new one, you're assuming it will at least have an alarm clock, a calendar, a calculator, some simple games, etc. etc.

The convenience nowadays with music is the ability to playback formats like MP3 and AAC on a lot of devices (the latter being supported with the Wii, and both supported on the 3DS). Is it less convenient to have your music in those formats than on CDs? I find it quite the opposite.

Ikki said:
Xuphor said:
QUOTE(pachura @ Mar 19 2011, 11:36 PM)
OK, developers are just starting to learn [3DS programming],but the NGP demos shown are clearly one generation ahead, hand-down better.

You mean this trailer? http://www.g4tv.com/videos/51047/Games-For...on-NGP-Trailer/
None of those games scream "hand-down better" than the 3DS's graphics to me. Some of them (Killzone, the golf game) look better than the 3DS, but not a a huge amount, muchless "clearly one generation inhead"
Okay, that's just blind.
I'm loving the 3DS and I don't find the NGP attractive but Killzone and Uncharted at least (the ones I most remember, won't sit through the trailer again) are miles away graphically from any 3DS game announced.

Looking at that trailer, I can see the Uncharted demonstration having a rather bad frame rate, like around 10-15 fps. Of course if you spend more time rendering a scene in a single frame, you can make it look really nice, but the fluidity of motion takes a hit when frames get cut out. It isn't just the video making it look like that, as the other games shown in it look more fluid.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I actually think this is a fair review. As with the battery life part, a lot of people says they are going to plug in the charger. Which is fine, but for people on the bus/airplane/walking where charger is not an option, this can become an issue.

Overall I don't get why people are ranting on about this, I certainly think it is a neutral review (not fanboy in either direction).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)