Hacking First 7.1 firmware needing game is out...

b17bomber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. The .nfo says it uses a 5.2 SDK. I assume only the dumpers can find out that information?

Also. Mario Tennis Open also played in Japanese on 2.0b1, at least when you started a game save on 2.0b2 and went back down.

Is there anyway to use MT card's safe firmware on a gateway? You think someone would try to port the coding to save GW users.

ETNWIND

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wut ? wasn't emunand needed?

Still 2.0b2 is dangerous :/
emuNand is never needed to play rom, but it's needed for playing retail games or eshop games that required higher system version.
I think you can use 2.0b1 but the game would be in Japanese.

Edit: The game only show in Japanese when you use gw2.0b1 + emuNand 7.0

masterzero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lolguys who had it in japanese has a different prob. I just downloaded and tried it on clone 3.0 WITHOUT emunand and it's on my 3ds language , no probs here.

Which means nintendo hasn't started using it's 7.1 keys protection on games yet?

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
Lolguys who had it in japanese has a different prob. I just downloaded and tried it on clone 3.0 WITHOUT emunand and it's on my 3ds language , no probs here.

Which means nintendo hasn't started using it's 7.1 keys protection on games yet?

Not on this one at least... Smash Bros and next Pokemon might be a different story.

masterzero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
like next pokemon needs protection with current ones being unplayable , just make it the same way as far as saving goes lol

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
like next pokemon needs protection with current ones being unplayable , just make it the same way as far as saving goes lol

They'll have to continue to step up their security with major releases, although I doubt there are as many flash carts on the market as there are 3ds's sold worldwide in a single week.

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
my opinion nintendo wont care as 3ds 4.5 firmware (like ps3 3.50 firmware) has a low userbase except us over gbatemp and some other technological sites. thats the reason that they dont rush to develop in newer sdk and to point a thing further they may never care for 4.5 3ds as we are a small percent in the pie of gamers ...

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i don't see how people think that the game loading up in japanese is ap...
nice that we can play the game though :)

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using 2.0b1 with no emuNAND and it plays in English :D
Maybe whoever tried it loaded a save from when he was on 2.0b2. Because that's something that usually happens. I tested in 2.0b2 and will try later, but it is bedtime now.

I can confirm that using 2.0b1 w/o emunand plays in english. 4.4U 3DS XL set.

Reactions: weatMod

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Games haven't been compiled with the latest SDK yet, that always lags several months behind for retail games (probably because first the game needs to be tested, printed, shipped and all that).

higher87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the jap thing happened b4 with bravely default, and it has to do with the fact that 2.0b1 simply didnt properly support emunand 7.x++

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup