Hacking First 4.88 CFW Evilnat with Cobra 8.3!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try the plugin.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

BTW, you do that in the app by pressing select to go into psn patch toolbox then following instructions.

lwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
For one reason or other the app might be flaky. Just tried starting it resulting in black screen and had to cycle main to get console back up. For me it was maybe one try from 15 or so that resulted in app crash though.

Last edited by lwiz,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what could be wrong.

I have the psn patch plugin my ps3 essential files folder. here it is. remember to add it to the boot plugins txt file, which I think is on the root of dev_hdd0:

Attachments

• psnpatch.zip
    14.4 KB · Views: 180

XDeltaOne

Have a good time ;)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not sure what could be wrong.

I have the psn patch plugin my ps3 essential files folder. here it is. remember to add it to the boot plugins txt file, which I think is on the root of dev_hdd0:
Thanks Dude :)

bobhole

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry complete noob to modding. Can anyone confirm, I would just update to the official 4.88 through PSN, before doing the steps to jailbreak?

I'm on 4.86 and planning to use this 4.88 evilnat

lwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
You can do the jailbreak on 4.86, then just update to the 4.88.2 Evilnat beta. No reason to update to latest OFW first, although that can be done. Just an extra step which isn't needed.

bellgarron

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The included new Cobra 8.3 is a real game changer (improved fan control, savegame imports...). Installed this last night and been checking the new features and whatnot. Par excellence!

Has anyone figured out how to get ps2 isos working yet? I for the life of me can't get them to run!

Has anyone figured out how to get ps2 games running yet on 4.88 Evil Nat? Tried everything and they just do not want to run!

cherrygrovetunes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob question, I have 4.88.2 evilnat installed, how do I go about making it safe for me to get onto PSN real quick to sync my trophies/download previously purchased games?

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone figured out how to get ps2 isos working yet? I for the life of me can't get them to run!

Has anyone figured out how to get ps2 games running yet on 4.88 Evil Nat? Tried everything and they just do not want to run!
You need to install a separate application to mount the .ISO, like webMAN MOD. Obviously, Cobra also needs to be enabled.

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Pretty much yes. And with the savefile import one of the main reasons for non-devs to run DEX is IMO gone.
For me who has the PS3 Slim untouched for 3 years or so (was on DEX and Rebug), what has changed and how to upgrade/switch?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over