Hacking Firmware ver. 3.65 with Ensō user here, i’m curious... should I downgrade to 3.60?

BiggieCheese

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since 3.71 was released, I went ahead and checked up on how the Vita scene’s doing and I read that downgrading to 3.60 (if possible) is recommended these days - if only for the better compatibility with homebrew apps, should I just go ahead and downgrade my Vita? Its factory firmware is definitely lower than 3.65, I actually got mine a couple of years before 3.60 came out so that certainly won’t be a problem.

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since 3.71 was released, I went ahead and checked up on how the Vita scene’s doing and I read that downgrading to 3.60 (if possible) is recommended these days - if only for the better compatibility with homebrew apps, should I just go ahead and downgrade my Vita? Its factory firmware is definitely lower than 3.65, I actually got mine a couple of years before 3.60 came out so that certainly won’t be a problem.

It's only a handful of apps that don't work on 3.65 so it really just depends on what you prefer.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes downgrade

BiggieCheese

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that was stupid of me; I uninstalled Enso so I could downgrade but I didn’t realize you had to unlink your memory card before doing that in Henkaku’s settings, so now I can’t use my Vita’s memory card as the firmware needs to be updated, and I need it in order to run H-encore

D

Deleted User

Last edited by ,

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that was stupid of me; I uninstalled Enso so I could downgrade but I didn’t realize you had to unlink your memory card before doing that in Henkaku’s settings, so now I can’t use my Vita’s memory card as the firmware needs to be updated, and I need it in order to run H-encore
You dont have to unlink the mem card but you do have to disable spoofing, that's most likely what caused the issue.

If you have a 2k vita, extra mem card, or sd2vita i can tell you the steps to regain access to your mem card, otherwise you'll have to format it and start all over.

Last edited by kaymynd,

BiggieCheese

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You dont have to unlink the mem card but you do have to disable spoofing, that's most likely what caused the issue.

If you have a 2k vita, extra mem card, or sd2vita i can tell you the steps to regain access to your mem card, otherwise you'll have to format it and start all over.
I have a spare memory card, what can I do with it?

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a spare memory card, what can I do with it?
Awesome so to regain access to the original mem card you will have to reinstall henkaku and enso on the spare card and install these two apps through vitashell

https://github.com/cnsldv/CardUnlock

https://github.com/theheroGAC/AppManager-Plus

Once you do that you're going to need to use app manager plus to move cardunlock app to ur0 you can also move vitashell to ur0 as well if you want, but what this does it it let's you run cardunlock from internal memory so they run even without a memory card.

Once that's done just turn off the vita, remove the spare card and then turn on the vita with no mem card inserted, run cardunlock and while running cardunlock insert the locked mem card and follow the instructions on the app, but make sure that whenever you get a dialog pop up you always select NO if you select yes you will format your card and have to start all over.

Last edited by kaymynd,

BiggieCheese

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome so to regain access to the original mem card you will have to reinstall henkaku and enso on the spare card and install these two apps through vitashell

https://github.com/cnsldv/CardUnlock

https://github.com/theheroGAC/AppManager-Plus

Once you do that you're going to need to use app manager plus to move cardunlock app to ur0 you can also move vitashell to ur0 as well if you want, but what this does it it let's you run cardunlock from internal memory so they run even without a memory card.

Once that's done just turn off the vita, remove the spare card and then turn on the vita with no mem card inserted, run cardunlock and while running cardunlock insert the locked mem card and follow the instructions on the app, but make sure that whenever you get a dialog pop up you always select NO if you select yes you will format your card and have to start all over.
That worked, thank you! After doing all that I was able to successfully downgrade to 3.60 afterwards!
On a minor note, instead of using the link to AppManager-Plus you provided (as I didn’t know how to compile the source code) I grabbed a .vpk of it from Brewology instead

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That worked, thank you! After doing all that I was able to successfully downgrade to 3.60 afterwards!
On a minor note, instead of using the link to AppManager-Plus you provided (as I didn’t know how to compile the source code) I grabbed a .vpk of it from Brewology instead

Awesome! Glad i could help! And yea sorry i didn't realize the github didn't already have them compiled, the vpk from brewology is fine

Reactions: BiggieCheese

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all