Hacking Firmware Upgrade 4.3 to 9.0

eNeXGee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Recently I obtained a 3DS which hasn't been used in a while and so It's firmware is pretty outdated (4.3) which makes it ripe to "set sail on the high sea's looking for treasure with" with but I need to update the firmware to 9.0 so a friend can help me out with getting it ready.

Is there a way I could get it to 9.0 without bricking of effin it up?

Last edited by eNeXGee,

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Recently I obtained a 3DS which hasn't been used in a while and so It's firmware is pretty outdated (4.3) which makes it ripe to pirate with but I need to update the firmware to 9.0 so a friend can help me out with getting it ready.

Is there a way I could get it to 9.0 without bricking of effin it up?
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The two links that have been posted will lead you in the right direction, but here's a direct link to the guide you'll want to use: -snip-

EDIT: Check the post under mine.

Last edited by Logan Pockrus,

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: eNeXGee

eNeXGee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't have a flashcart. all I really have to work with here is the 3ds and the abundance of knowledge and data on the internet

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You're not going to believe me when I say this, but I meant to link to that guide. :rofl2:
eZoKv1j.jpg

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't have a flashcart. all I really have to work with here is the 3ds and the abundance of knowledge and data on the internet
What is the FULL firmware number for your 3DS?

Last edited by Harsky,

GoatyTV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I am following this guide you linked to do exactly as he has done but it redirects me to a guide I am already aware of that requires a flash card. I am running version number 4.3.0-4U on an o3DS. Is there any non flash card way for me to go about this? I need to mod this old one to roll back the version of my new 3DS apparently. I have decided to go through this long process, but I am at a wall if I require hardware to update this 3DS. Thanks!

Additional info: I see the chart shows that I have to do the MSET way because I am at revision 0-4 and my browser version (in settings in the browser) is 1.7455 - is there any way to update just the browser so I can run the Freeway Browser update instead of getting a flash card? Thanks again for any help.

Last edited by GoatyTV,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I am following this guide you linked to do exactly as he has done but it redirects me to a guide I am already aware of that requires a flash card. I am running version number 4.3.0-4U on an o3DS. Is there any non flash card way for me to go about this? I need to mod this old one to roll back the version of my new 3DS apparently. I have decided to go through this long process, but I am at a wall if I require hardware to update this 3DS. Thanks!
Your browser version is too low to take advantage of any browser exploits. Sorry. The easiest and cheapest thing for you to do to get CFW working on your old 3DS is to get a cheap DS flashcart and follow this guide to update to 9.2 properly. I found some DS flashcarts online compatible with your 3DS for around $9.00 plus free shipping, and there might be cheaper ones out there. I didn't look very hard. There are also a lot of good DS games out there, so a DS flashcart is a nice thing to have anyway.

Alternatively, you could use a retail 3DS game to update your 3DS to something between 9.0-10.7 (you still wouldn't have an exploitable browser), and then you could use an alternate entrypoint (anything on this list that requires a specific game and is compatible with whatever version you update to) to get everything setup, but it's likely going to be more difficult and more expensive to go this route. If you don't know what you're doing, you might also make a mistake with this method by, for example, updating to something too high.

Additional info: I see the chart shows that I have to do the MSET way because I am at revision 0-4 and my browser version (in settings in the browser) is 1.7455 - is there any way to update just the browser so I can run the Freeway Browser update instead of getting a flash card? Thanks again for any help.
No, you can't.

Last edited by Lacius,

GoatyTV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok that's looking not so good so far. I do want a flash card but in the essence of time could I just download one of the eshop games from the list of games and firmwares? As I type this I tried accessing the eshop and it wants me to do an update so that throws that out of the question. I see that Super Smash Bros (Rev02) falls under the 9.0.0-9.2.0 parameters but getting rev02 might be impossible. Flash Card might be my ONLY option at this point.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok that's looking not so good so far. I do want a flash card but in the essence of time could I just download one of the eshop games from the list of games and firmwares? As I type this I tried accessing the eshop and it wants me to do an update so that throws that out of the question. I see that Super Smash Bros (Rev02) falls under the 9.0.0-9.2.0 parameters but getting rev02 might be impossible. Flash Card might be my ONLY option at this point.
You can't use the eShop on your 3DS without updating to 11.0 or getting CFW up and running, so that's not an option. Again, your cheapest and easiest option by far is the flashcard method. Trust me. Go to NDS-card.com or another online store and get a cheap DS flashcart that works with your 3DS.

Last edited by Lacius,

GoatyTV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again thanks for the reply. I am about to put an order down on this http://nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=490 - looks like it will work on BOTH of my 3DS systems. 10 bucks, can't beat that. Plus there are other features I will be interested in owning one of these. No, pirated games is not one lol I am strictly doing all this crap so I can stream my 3ds.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again thanks for the reply. I am about to put an order down on this http://nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=490 - looks like it will work on BOTH of my 3DS systems. 10 bucks, can't beat that. Plus there are other features I will be interested in owning one of these. No, pirated games is not one lol I am strictly doing all this crap so I can stream my 3ds.
That should work just fine with the Freeway MSET guide on your old 3DS. Good luck.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Too easy since you're upgrading 4.1-4.5, but not 1.0-4.0, 5.0-5.1, 7.0-8.1, and frankenfirmwares.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    well I meant that as a figure of speech
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could just rerelease a modern gameboy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    like the pocket analogue
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but nintendo licensed
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    ?tuw
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: ?tuw