Firmware updates?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by 4saken, Jan 2, 2007.

1. 4saken
    OP

4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Nov 28, 2006
    From your experience with M3, do they update their firmware often (say, in comparison to R4)?
    Right now, I can cancel my R4 order to get an M3 Simply, but I'm actually hoping for a company which will fix problems faster.

2. Samutz

Samutz Wet Tissue Sample

Oct 4, 2004
    United States
    See that hole in your wall?
    I don't think anyone can really compare them two just yet. The 2 products are barely out and there hasn't been enough time to release several firmware updates for either.

3. 4saken
    OP

Nov 28, 2006
    How about with M3's other products (eg. M3 LITE)? How often do firmware updates release?

4. Samutz

Samutz Wet Tissue Sample

Oct 4, 2004
    United States
    See that hole in your wall?
    I've only had my M3 for a few months and have only updated my firmware 2 or 3 times, so I can't say for sure.

But I would imagine the firmware updates for the 1-slot devices are going to be much different (and I'm thinking less frequent) than the updates for 2-slot devices. So I don't think it would be fair to compare the R4 updates (or any 1-slot updates) against the 2-slot M3's updates.

5. 4saken
    OP

Nov 28, 2006
    Alright thanks for the reply.

6. antiKk

antiKk Member

Newcomer
    Oct 24, 2006
    So far I'd say the R4 has much better support.
    The M3 Team haven't even bothered to update their site to recognise the fact they have a slot 1 card.
    That is extremely poor form and I am considering buying an R4 as a result of the M3 team's complete disregard for their customer base.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice