Firmware update, or work-around?...

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by swiftjames, Sep 26, 2007.

Sep 26, 2007
  1. swiftjames
    OP

Newcomer swiftjames Newbie

United States
    So i have the NinjaDS Micro. i've been using it since the first of july and have been thoroughly enjoying it! but recently i've run across a few issues. the number one issue i'm facing is that certain games out there are refusing to run on my system. i have an original Nindento DS (one of the first-run pre-orders) and i'm using the latest version of firmware from the makers of the ninjads (as of this post it is 1.05). the games that fail to run produce a white screen for both the top and bottom screens when i try to run them. the specific games in question right now are "Drawn to Life" and "My Sims", though there are some other older games that it also does not want to play (i just can't remember what they were).

now, my question comes in to play because i'm really not quite up to speed on how everything works. i've heard a lot of different things from snooping and lurking on this board and others, but nothing that's actually comming out and answering my question.
    Best way to get a question answered is to ask it, right?... so here we go..

i'd like to know what it is that's causing these games to not run on my system. what options do i have? are there things i can try myself that might make them work? or am i stuck until the ninjads people make another update (last was back in april)?

i'm not going to mention any of the tricks i've tried thus far, because i'm certainly willing to try them again if someone suggests it to me in response to my question. after lurking on this board for a while, i believe you all to be rather good with these sort of issues and so i'm hoping i'll get some good responses here.

Thank you in advance,
    James Swift

2. Chotaz

Member Chotaz I'm back! :D

Portugal
    well if you have the latest firmware update and the games wont run, thats the flashcart problem, you may have to consider buying another one like R4/G6DS/Akecard or CycloDS

3. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    I'd really just recommend you get a new flashcart. The NinjaDS has such a small userbase nowadays, you'll have a hard time getting any problems solved.

4. swiftjames
    OP

Newcomer swiftjames Newbie

United States
    hmm, well obviously getting a new flash cart is going to have to be my last resort. i'd like to not have to spend more money on one if i can help it. my question is more aimed at things i can do with THIS cart that i have right now, though i appreciate the heads-up about the lower user-base for the ninjads.