Gaming Firmware Update Compilation thread / List of Flashcards working on 3DS

mj yule

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just got an R4i 3DS Gold yesterday to try in my wifes new 3dsXL. It was a "c" but wouldn't boot - not sure what icon it was, but the 3dsXL is on 4.5.10 and it just said "error, hold power down to reboot" - then it said "no card".

So I dloaded the patch files, used an R4 wood NDSL - with the SL file, the update worked as in it said "success" but the card isn't recognised by either the 3dsXL or the DSL....... :-(

I tried rerunning and got "fail" - reformatting both cards allowed me to do it but the result is the same - "no card in slot" in the DSL and 3dsXL.

I then managed to put the R4iGold3DS_44Patch back on but it still wont boot on any machine :-(

Help :-(

Both cards (original R4 and R4i 3DS Gold are using sandisk 2gb microSD's.

What I am wondering though is this - the R4 has the R4wood 1.54 pack and the R4I has the R4iGold wood pack - is that ok? Should the R4i have a blank sd card?

thanks

isthar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
huh, I swear my post just vanished.

I had the metroid icon, used a ds lite to download the 4.5 patch from r4ids.cn after people said "redownload". My question to those running a r4ids.cn card on 4.5 - if you go to Help/Info or that place where you see SysInfo, what does it say?

Before the patch I swear it said something sane, like "4.4", but now it reads 3ds3.0.0 - (note i'm still running under 4.4, just am patching before hand using my ds lite)

thanks!

isthar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked for very obvious reasons, if you think about it.

Anyways, update:

my r4i gold .cn card originally came with the nadal tennis IIRC; it updated then to metroid, and now I just did the update, sure enough the SysInfo doesn't read something sensible, but I confirm the card works after updating to 4.5.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Hey guys i wanted to say that i reported the Rev C(DORASU icon) card bug to r4ids.cn
And they said that they are working on a solution for it.

mNZ14.png

Reactions: giabao8811

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I just got an R4i 3DS Gold yesterday to try in my wifes new 3dsXL. It was a "c" but wouldn't boot - not sure what icon it was, but the 3dsXL is on 4.5.10 and it just said "error, hold power down to reboot" - then it said "no card".

So I dloaded the patch files, used an R4 wood NDSL - with the SL file, the update worked as in it said "success" but the card isn't recognised by either the 3dsXL or the DSL....... :-(

I tried rerunning and got "fail" - reformatting both cards allowed me to do it but the result is the same - "no card in slot" in the DSL and 3dsXL.

I then managed to put the R4iGold3DS_44Patch back on but it still wont boot on any machine :-(

Help :-(

Both cards (original R4 and R4i 3DS Gold are using sandisk 2gb microSD's.

What I am wondering though is this - the R4 has the R4wood 1.54 pack and the R4I has the R4iGold wood pack - is that ok? Should the R4i have a blank sd card?

thanks
Have you updated your r4i gold(www.r4ids.cn) successfully?
If you updated it with success, it should support the latest system.

mj yule

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The update process stated "success" but the card was then undetected on both systems. I've subsequently been able to flash an older firmware that booted on the DSLite but then locked at "loading" - then it was back to not being detected.

Actually flashing is very hit or miss. If I reformat both micro sd cards it "might" allow flashing - mostly it just states "FAIL"

maybe the card is a dud?

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Pong, u could add some extra info about the R4i Gold 3DS card.
The Rev C that came with DORASU icon can't be patched with the patch r4ids.cn posted.
We need to wait for another patch to be released.

Reactions: giabao8811

ProtoKnux

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
essay-today.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Just pointing out that the R4i Gold Wood from r4igold.cc with the metroid icon doesn't seem to work yet with the 4.5 firmware they released. They updated the chinese and spanish websites yesterday and today but it's still the same thing. Gives the same check fail error as always.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Just pointing out that the R4i Gold Wood from r4igold.cc with the metroid icon doesn't seem to work yet with the 4.5 firmware they released. They updated the chinese and spanish websites yesterday and today but it's still the same thing. Gives the same check fail error as always.
You card was pre-installed with Metroid then.
Metroid and Kirby default icon cards can be updated.

ProtoKnux

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
essay-today.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
You card was pre-installed with Metroid then.
Metroid and Kirby default icon cards can be updated.

Actually I bought it pretty recently, it had the dorasu icon. I updated it to 4.4, which was metroid. Not 2 days later, Nintendo decides to put 4.5, then I read up in the website that metroid ones couldn't be updated yet. The thing is, now:

1. The note is gone, the link was updated, however doesn't work (http://r4igold.cc/pic/GoldccWood_3DS45_NDSi145_Patch.rar)
2. The spanish website was updated as well and it's hosting both the 2.40a kernel and the 4.5 firmware, however I assume they're providing the same firmware update that was released a week ago in r4igold.cc
3. Regardless of it being or not updated, doesn't work at all.

I am under the impression that they were going to release a working update between yesterday and today, but the link I just posted is dead, and the spanish website needs to get with the times.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Actually I bought it pretty recently, it had the dorasu icon. I updated it to 4.4, which was metroid. Not 2 days later, Nintendo decides to put 4.5, then I read up in the website that metroid ones couldn't be updated yet. The thing is, now:

1. The note is gone, the link was updated, however doesn't work (http://r4igold.cc/pic/GoldccWood_3DS45_NDSi145_Patch.rar)
2. The spanish website was updated as well and it's hosting both the 2.40a kernel and the 4.5 firmware, however I assume they're providing the same firmware update that was released a week ago in r4igold.cc
3. Regardless of it being or not updated, doesn't work at all.

I am under the impression that they were going to release a working update between yesterday and today, but the link I just posted is dead, and the spanish website needs to get with the times.

Ohh sorry!
I thought u said R4iGold 3DS lol.

mj yule

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Final update from me.....

I've tried 2 R4 originals with 4 different micro SD's in 2 different NDSlites as update sources - tried all the R4i3DS firmwares from the site, "cleaned" the R4i 3DS with cotton buds and denatured alcohol. I now have a repeating result.

The update starts and gets to (rough guess) 80-90% of the way across and then it fails. Every time :-(

So, whatever the 4.5.0.10 "update" did, it's fecked the card up (or it was a dud to start with - I only got it yesterday)

I#m giving up for now, wasted waay too much time on it.

good night and good luck!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end