luke_c

Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Which firmware will run the latest games? Is there like a compatibility list or something? I am assuming GEN-D or whatever it's called will run the more later games than M33
Also, what's the advantages/disadvantages of M33 over GEN and vice versa;
I know M33 is more stable but that's about it?
Also just wondering if GEN will run Dante's Inferno
tongue.gif

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
You have no idea what you are starting
rofl2.gif

Assuming Dante's Inferno has protection just like Kingdom Hearts and God Eater, you will not be able to play it unless a patch and/or new CFW gets released.

Go with M33 if you don't mind patching all of the new games (You can easily find pre-patched games on warez sites) and if you are wanting to play PS1 games (M33 has more compatibility with PS1 games see here).

... Ha, getting ready to sell my PSP has changed my mind about GEN... Get M33
smile.gif

EDIT: Also forgot to mention Homebrew, M33 has more compatibility with Homebrew too.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
As long as Xist doesn't see this we're OK.

GEN is best for beginners as it will run most UMDs and most ISOs as well as PS1 and Homebrew games without any patching.

luke_c

Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Jamstruth said:
As long as Xist doesn't see this we're OK.

GEN is best for beginners as it will run most UMDs and most ISOs as well as PS1 and Homebrew games without any patching.
So with M33 I would have to patch most of the latest games? Is there just one patcher for these or is it different for every game? :\
Only things Homebrew wise I would be running is Popsloader for PSX/1 and the GBA emulator, with that down I should go for GEN right?
Also I heard that PSN still works on GEN and on M33 it doesn't?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
luke_c said:
So with M33 I would have to patch most of the latest games? Is there just one patcher for these or is it different for every game? :\
Just one patcher.
luke_c said:
Only things Homebrew wise I would be running is Popsloader for PSX/1 and the GBA emulator, with that down I should go for GEN right?
Yeah.
QUOTE(luke_c @ Feb 9 2010, 08:12 PM)
No. PSN is blocked for all firmware below 6.20
Though there is a PSNabler, the games that it worked for are nearly all blocked now.
Resistance: Retribution is the only game so far I know about works fully.

luke_c

Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
deanxxczx said:
luke_c said:
Just one patcher.
luke_c said:
Yeah.
QUOTE(luke_c @ Feb 9 2010, 08:12 PM)
No. PSN is blocked for all firmware below 6.20
Though there is a PSNabler, the games that it worked for are nearly all blocked now.
Resistance: Retribution is the only game so far I know about works fully.
Alright, so i'll go for GEN then, can I go straight to GEN with the Pandora or what? I'm not too fussed about PSN really it just would of been a nice extra.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
To add a little here....

Yes GEN is better for beginners, noobs and lazy people.
Yes in the vast majority of games it's a single patcher but a couple of games require additional fixes on top of that.
I'd argue about PSX gaming and GEN D3. If it's important to have maximal compatibility in the end GEN isn't the firmware for it.
Meh PSN....adhoc Party should work though if and when it gets released...

luke_c

Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
xist said:
To add a little here....

Yes GEN is better for beginners, noobs and lazy people.
Yes in the vast majority of games it's a single patcher but a couple of games require additional fixes on top of that.
I'd argue about PSX gaming and GEN D3. If it's important to have maximal compatibility in the end GEN isn't the firmware for it.
Meh PSN....adhoc Party should work though if and when it gets released...
Bleh, so stuck for choice right now, i'm not so much worried about patching games i'm more worried about actually finding the correct patches for the games, I would be playing a lot of PSX games so that will play a big factor towards my choice. As for the patcher I assume this is what you're talking about?
Also, if my PSP comes with 5.03 or below can I just do this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1