WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
In case anyone is wondering, I got a Pokemon Blue 2DS bundle and it comes with firmware 10.2.0-28E, so it's downgradable. Also there are 3 versions of Pokemon Blue pre-installed. The German, French and English version.
Compared to my New 3DS non-XL, the Circle Pad's movement is smooth, the Start and Select Buttons are bigger and better, the face buttons and digistick are somewhat taller with sharper edges. The stylus is definitely better. There are people who prefer the L and R buttons but I dislike them. The positioning of the Circle Pad and Face buttons is too high for my taste. The biggest surprise for me is that the screens are the same tiny size as the original 3DS. They could as well have increased the screen sizes to match the New 3DS' screens. At least there is no parallax barrier and with that, no more scanlines.

So yeah, let the downgrading commence!

Reactions: Queno138 and Sliter

Joenny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you manage to downgrade it by using web browser hax? Or did you have to use a game? Since I read that you couldn't use the web browser hax if the web browser hadn't been used since going past 9.9.

After reading up I guess you did this changed the datetime?

As of Feburary 24, 2016, the browser-version-check requires that the installed Old3DS browser be on >=v10.6. With New3DS, it only has to be on >=v10.2 currently. To bypass this requirement on Old3DS/New3DS, you can do the following(if you want to know how this works see here):
  1. Goto System Settings. Then change the datetime to January 1, 2000, 00:00.
  2. Use the browser 'Initialize savedata' option, before any page gets loaded triggering the browser-version message.
  3. Continue to use browserhax as normal.
  4. Note that you must not press the HOME button to return from the browser normally, otherwise you will have to reinitialize the savedata again. Once the datetime reaches January 2, you will have to repeat these steps if you want to continue using this bypass.

Last edited by Joenny,
Reactions: Queno138

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Ah, now i know why the ticket.db from a dumped 2DS Yellow i got gave 3 CIA's for pokemon :)

Anyway, got a 2DS since it came out, i really, really dislike the L and R shoulder buttons, for the rest i was amazed how good it feels in my hands (small hands). It's been updated always till 10.2, then i downgraded it and also dumped OTP.bin, now it runs A9LH with sysnand 9.2/Emunand 10.6 and autoboots into Emunand (i have another O3DSXL that boots into A9LH sysnand 10.6 with Emunand 9.2)

The 2DS i moslty use to test stuff on since my daughter upgraded to a 3DSXL (ACHH edition) a while ago

CLOUD9RED

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I've downgraded the Yellow version of the 2DS and I can't play the VC yellow version anymore (3DS load screen doesn't disappear). Any idea how to fix it?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
afaik the pokemon VC games use seed encryption which means you need to be on 9.6+ to use them (so if you downgrade to 9.2 you would need to boot into a 9.6+ emunand for the to be usable)

Reactions: Arkansaw

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over