Marchombre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

Maybe this subforum is more appropriate so I'll post my request for help here.

I stupidly tried updating Diablo with this method on two switch on Atmosphere (firmware version 6 or below) from a non hacked switch on firmware 7.0. I didn't knew my friend updated his switch...
The switchs now cannot boot from Hekate because of a firmware error. Yeah I know, sucks to be a noob. Here is what it says :

Initializing.....
Unknown pkg1
0'>ion <= '2018FollowedByALongSerieOfNumbers
Failed to launch firmware.

Do you guys know what Solutions are available to me to make my switchs working again ? I can still access to Hekate's menu. The message appear upon launching Cfw.

Should I wait for a stable way to update my cfw to 7.0 (should be available in a couple of weeks,if I understood well)

Flash boot 0 and 1 and reinstall everything? Is there no way to avoid having to reinstall every game? They were all installed on the SD card. I didn't backup any saves either... Could it be that matching the version of a game also matched the version of the firmware??

Thx for your help, I'm a it lost here....

Edit = burned fuse is 5

Last edited by Marchombre,

Marchombre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for your help lil-devil
What are the consequences of downgrading in my situation? Do I risk loosing anything?

Marchombre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
OK.
If I use the manual method as described on the sdsetup website (sorry I can't post links yet. Page name is
manualchoidowngrade)
And downgrade to say firmware 6.0.1, using choixdujour. Normally I shouldn't loose anything right? Neither saves nor installed nsp?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK.
If I use the manual method as described on the sdsetup website (sorry I can't post links yet. Page name is
manualchoidowngrade)
And downgrade to say firmware 6.0.1, using choixdujour. Normally I shouldn't loose anything right? Neither saves nor installed nsp?

You only have access to the file when you made your nand backup, also you can't downgrade if you burnt your fuse.

Marchombre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
OK thanks, basically I'll loose everything, the guide didn't specify anything about loosing data.
I only burned 5 fuses so 4.1 is my downgrade limit. Thanks a lot for your help!

Marchombre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just an update to say I did it on one of my switch, it worked fine. I'm now back on 6.1, and I didn't loose any game or saves. Everything seems to work just fine. It does take a long while and was pretty stressing. Still one more switch to go but I'll do that tomorrow.

CalBear_91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an update to say I did it on one of my switch, it worked fine. I'm now back on 6.1, and I didn't loose any game or saves. Everything seems to work just fine. It does take a long while and was pretty stressing. Still one more switch to go but I'll do that tomorrow.

I am have the same issue you were having and getting the same error when booting cfw with hekate. When I try to downgrade manually, I keep getting stuck on step 4: Converting Firmware Files.. When I try to use CMD on ChoiDujour.exe it keeps telling me "failed to match key." Did you have any problems at this stage?

I am almost positive I am using the correct keys.txt file and have tried this with multiple Firmware Versions 4.0-6.0 with no luck..

I do have my back up BOOT0/1 and NAND Files on my computer if that helps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Marchombre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes I solved this step by using only the needed key. The reddit post that gave me the solution is this one :

REMOVED

Basically, what they say is that you must only put these keys in your keys.txt :

master_key_00
master_key_01
master_key_02
master_key_03
master_key_04
master_key_05
master_key_06
sd_card_kek_source
sd_card_nca_key_source

package1_key_00
header_key
titlekek_source
header_kek_source
header_key_source
package2_key_source
aes_kek_generation_source
aes_key_generation_source
key_area_key_application_source
key_area_key_ocean_source
key_area_key_system_source

Hope this helps you!

Last edited by Joe88, , Reason: Dont link to places which have the switch keys listed

CalBear_91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I solved this step by using only the needed key. The reddit post that gave me the solution is this one :

REMOVED

Basically, what they say is that you must only put these keys in your keys.txt :

master_key_00
master_key_01
master_key_02
master_key_03
master_key_04
master_key_05
master_key_06
sd_card_kek_source
sd_card_nca_key_source

package1_key_00
header_key
titlekek_source
header_kek_source
header_key_source
package2_key_source

Hope this helps you!

Thank you!!

Do they need to be in any specific order in the keys.txt file?

And does it matter which firmware Im using in ChoiDoujour.exe, does it need to match the keys.txt file?

like I said Ive tried with multiple versions of firmware, just want to make sure im not messing that part up also.. lol

Thanks again for the help!

edit: In my keys.txt file I only have up to master_key_05, not sure if that is causing the problem?

Last edited by CalBear_91,

CalBear_91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

REMOVED

master_key_00
master_key_01
master_key_02
master_key_03
master_key_04
master_key_05
master_key_06
sd_card_kek_source
sd_card_nca_key_source

package1_key_00
header_key
titlekek_source
header_kek_source
header_key_source
package2_key_source

Hope this helps you!

Okay so I was able to succesfully downgrade and finish the process, but now when I launch my CFW I get a Black Screen after the nintendo logo? have you had that problem after downgrading your firmware?

Marchombre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Okay so I was able to succesfully downgrade and finish the process, but now when I launch my CFW I get a Black Screen after the nintendo logo? have you had that problem after downgrading your firmware?

No sorry it worked straight away. Are you sure your SD files are up to date? Same for Hekate. And check if autorcm is activated.

As for the keys.txt, yes it needs to be the correct one for the firmware you're going to install. 6.2 keys for a 6.2 OS. Apparently there is no order. But choidujour tells you if there is a problem with a specific key so you can know where the problem comes from.

Last edited by Marchombre,

CalBear_91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No sorry it worked straight away. Are you sure your SD files are up to date? Same for Hekate. And check if autorcm is activated.

As for the keys.txt, yes it needs to be the correct one for the firmware you're going to install. 6.2 keys for a 6.2 OS. Apparently there is no order. But choidujour tells you if there is a problem with a specific key so you can know where the problem comes from.

I finally got it figured out and my switch is running! Thank you for your help!

I found a reddit forum where someone else was having the same issue.
If anyone else is getting stuck with a black screen after the Nintendo logo shows, when downgrading your firmware on step 11 you need to delete the entire SYSTEM folder AND save folder, and replace it with the SYSTEM/save folders from your extracted firmware folder you got from ChoiDujour, rather than just copying and pasting over the folders! Along the way during either upgrading or downgrading firmware the SYSTEM folder becomes corrupted in some way I guess and stops the Switch from booting completely..

Hopefully this helps anyone else if they get stuck at this point also!

Reactions: loler55

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1