Firmware Downgrader v1.11

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Minox, May 10, 2009.

May 10, 2009

Firmware Downgrader v1.11 by Minox at 12:45 PM (2,620 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Minox
    OP

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    Firmware Downgrader v1.11
    Wii Downgrader

Firmware Downgrader is an application by waninkoko which allows you to downgrade your Wii to any available version on Nintendo's servers. It can also be used to change the region for your Wii by installing the things needed for a full region change. No changelog is available for this little update at the time of writing this.

[​IMG] Download
    [​IMG] Source
    [​IMG] Discuss

2. elfsander

Member elfsander GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Also there is a very high risk that your Wii might brick if something goes wrong.

3. Tanks

Newcomer Tanks Advanced Member

United States
    But if you're not stupid, and simply follow the many guides people have made, you'll be fine. Trust me. I've done it many times with several different wiis.

I have to ask though... Why even bother telling them they could get their wii bricked? Hell... Even HBC has the potential to brick a wii. That doesn't mean it will. Chances of it ever doing so are slim to none.

4. adriande2

Member adriande2 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    the only way you could get your wii bricked through this is if the power is turned off during the downgrading
    it won't be bricked if there is a disconnection in wi-fi, you will just get an error message and you restart the wii, and it will turn on, no problem
    just don't ever turn off the wii when the program is running

5. lil-devil

Member lil-devil GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    lol i guess people better be smart and not do it during a thunderstorm or least hope your power doesn't go off for any reason what so ever [​IMG]

6. Athlon-pv

Member Athlon-pv GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    There better utilities to brick your Wii with then this [​IMG].