g6team

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
We received a few emails regarding not being able to use the 2.51 M3 Real firmware on their G6 Real. For avoid any more confusions the 2.51 firmware will NOT work with the G6 Real. If you wish to use the M3 Real firmware on your G6 Real please make sure you get our latest version 2.6 firmware.

http://www.handheldsources.com/M3DS/Download_M3DSR.html

Thank You for your attention

bulletmark

Trophies
XP
Country
We received a few emails regarding not being able to use the 2.51 M3 Real firmware on their G6 Real. For avoid any more confusions the 2.51 firmware will NOT work with the G6 Real. If you wish to use the M3 Real firmware on your G6 Real please make sure you get our latest version 2.6 firmware.
Well it was just another update posted like all the earlier ones, where was is stated that it would never work with the G6Real?

And why does that same website (http://www.handheldsources.com/G6DS/Download.html) list the current firmware for the G6Real as V2.42e? The other site referenced on g6flash.com as an official firmware site is http://www.gba-nds.com/index.php?option=co...id=18&Itemid=36 and it actually lists v2.51 as the official version for the G6Real! Can't these firmwares be managed a little more clearly?

When are you going to fix the ugly courier font introduced about 3 versions ago? And what about fixing the initial sort display bug?

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The "ugly" font is because they implemented some universal font for multi language. It might not be able to be changed if they want to keep it simple.

A suggestion for the team, instead of fixing the sorting bug, how about introduce an auto-sort setting on bootup.

EDIT: As a workaround, not a fix

g6team

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
We apologize for the confusion. This is due to the numbers of update for both the G6 Real and the M3 Real that have been released the past couple weeks. We are sorting things out please bare with us.

Thank You

bulletmark

Trophies
XP
Country
EDIT: As a workaround, not a fix
What's the difference? I want the list auto sorted whenever that game list is displayed. Just as if I had clicked on the name column. It just seems like an extremely simple bug to fix? With all these updates (nearly all of which I fail to notice any difference), can't they fit an easy one in?

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well fixing it would be just fixing the way it sorts files; I don't think it would be as easy as making it auto-sort instead

EDIT: Auto-sorting is a preference, and I don't think it is high on the agenda since the Chinese G6/M3R already has its own sorting system (with Chinese names). Correct me I'm wrong; haven't used a Chinese card yet.

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm just glad that the 2.6 firmware is back supporting both G6R and M3R.
I was getting a bit worried with 2.51 that there was going to be a split of different firmwares for each.
I have that warm fuzzy feeling back again. Thanks g6team
yaynds.gif

ejamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
We apologize for the confusion. This is due to the numbers of update for both the G6 Real and the M3 Real that have been released the past couple weeks. We are sorting things out please bare with us.

Thank You

Wow, I can't believe people are complaining because of *too many* firmware updates. There is obviously a lot of work taking place on the firmware lately, and that is great for all of us who own a card.

Thanks to the G6 Team for providing a great product -- and keep up the good work! Can't wait to see what other improvements are made in the future.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Prowl was the autobots inside man... lol