Firmware 3.0u, Gater Back up launcher, and Animal Crossing

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by clownz, Dec 30, 2008.

1. clownz
    OP

Member clownz GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I am new to this so forgive me in advance if I sound stupid..
    I used the twilight hack to soft mod my wii
    The twilight hack I used also came with a big zip file of things, including a cI05 but it was the one with the old backup loader
    I installed it, homebrew channel and all worked great and a cIOS that was in it.

Then I found the one with Wii Gaters backup launcher.
    I did this one, installed it including the cIOS r 5 by gater. It said it did not need to use patched games..etc.

Last night I tried to use Animal Crossing (DVD+RW - prolly bad choice) but when I try it I get some sort of weird error with Backup Launcher by Gater and the words are jumbled together all I can read is error and then all these other white words scrambled onto each other.

The wii I have has 3.0u firmware. I always decline updates.

Any ideas what I did wrong? How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
  3. clownz
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the reply. I have read over the instructions and something is still not working right.

This time I tried DVD-R media as recommended, and the IOS249 in the lower right corner I cannot find. So I went back to WAD manager and installed cIOS and everything look good and restarted wii. Still no IOS249 showing.

I found some older instructions around on the net and I am going to try this to get IOS249

"run DVDx, select advanced install and install CIOS249"

I don't know if that will make a difference, but I don't know if having installed CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042 the first time affected me and then installed on top of it the cIOS.wad in the zip with WiiGator's Backup Launcher.

Should I uninstall the CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042 and uninstall cIOS and then try just installing the cIOS.wad this time? I am new to this wii softmodding and I really appreciate your patience and knowledge. The last time I softmodded anything was with the original xbox so it's been a while for me.

4. WiiBlaster

Member WiiBlaster GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Use the newest Backup Loader gamma and install its required IOS or just install CIOS rev7

5. Ga1l0w

Member Ga1l0w GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    The package I used HERE includes cIOS249 rev 7 installer, along with the backup launcher gamma. Try this one.

Posts merged

The package I used HERE includes cIOS249 rev 7 installer, along with the backup launcher gamma. Try this one.

6. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    Just use cIOS36_r7 Installer and the Backup Launcher Gamma and that's all you need, I have Animal Crossing working...!!! [​IMG]

7. clownz
    OP

United States
    Thank you for all your help. I needed the rev 7 and I was using the beta and not the gamma edition. Just a little note which I found a little awkward was I had one on DVD+RW and one on DVD-R.

The DVD-R didnt work but the DVD+RW one did.

8. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    [​IMG] you're one of those lucky guys who have a wii capable of read RW, by any chance your serial number starts with LU5253???

9. clownz
    OP

United States
    Mine starts with LU31. I think its an older model. I purchased it used.