Hacking Firmware 3.0u, Gater Back up launcher, and Animal Crossing

clownz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am new to this so forgive me in advance if I sound stupid..
I used the twilight hack to soft mod my wii
The twilight hack I used also came with a big zip file of things, including a cI05 but it was the one with the old backup loader
I installed it, homebrew channel and all worked great and a cIOS that was in it.

Then I found the one with Wii Gaters backup launcher.
I did this one, installed it including the cIOS r 5 by gater. It said it did not need to use patched games..etc.

Last night I tried to use Animal Crossing (DVD+RW - prolly bad choice) but when I try it I get some sort of weird error with Backup Launcher by Gater and the words are jumbled together all I can read is error and then all these other white words scrambled onto each other.

The wii I have has 3.0u firmware. I always decline updates.

Any ideas what I did wrong? How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

clownz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply. I have read over the instructions and something is still not working right.

This time I tried DVD-R media as recommended, and the IOS249 in the lower right corner I cannot find. So I went back to WAD manager and installed cIOS and everything look good and restarted wii. Still no IOS249 showing.

I found some older instructions around on the net and I am going to try this to get IOS249

"run DVDx, select advanced install and install CIOS249"

I don't know if that will make a difference, but I don't know if having installed CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042 the first time affected me and then installed on top of it the cIOS.wad in the zip with WiiGator's Backup Launcher.

Should I uninstall the CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042 and uninstall cIOS and then try just installing the cIOS.wad this time? I am new to this wii softmodding and I really appreciate your patience and knowledge. The last time I softmodded anything was with the original xbox so it's been a while for me.

Ga1l0w

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The package I used HERE includes cIOS249 rev 7 installer, along with the backup launcher gamma. Try this one.

Posts merged

The package I used HERE includes cIOS249 rev 7 installer, along with the backup launcher gamma. Try this one.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just use cIOS36_r7 Installer and the Backup Launcher Gamma and that's all you need, I have Animal Crossing working...!!!
smile.gif

clownz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for all your help. I needed the rev 7 and I was using the beta and not the gamma edition. Just a little note which I found a little awkward was I had one on DVD+RW and one on DVD-R.

The DVD-R didnt work but the DVD+RW one did.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: So high tech! lol