Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi all!

I am one of the unfortunate, still with a DS-X ^^

It worked for me all the way, but I fecked up really bad yesterday. In the settingsmenu, I enabled the quick boot-thingy, which will boot it into its last played game instantly.
However, that was Prof. Layton 2 for me, which doesn't work.. Bummer ^^

Anyway, I formatted the card without thinking about the damn stupid firmware updater they released, which allowed you to DL the files from their own server! It's idiotic, because their site is (of course) down..

So, anyone with the DS-X 1.1.3. files out there who wanna upload'em in a zipfile to i.i.e Megaupload? Or am I all alone..?
frown.gif

Appreciate it! Thanks
biggrin.gif

Regards

pbolmstedt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pesaroso said:
I fecked up really bad yesterday. In the settingsmenu, I enabled the quick boot-thingy, which will boot it into its last played game instantly.
However, that was Prof. Layton 2 for me, which doesn't work..
If you hold some keys while booting, "instant boot" will be turned off.

pesaroso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks again for your reply!

Now here's an extremly weird thing.. It's blowing my mind to pieces :/

I have formatted my DS-X like 10 times since yesterday. I've switched between the 64k cluster tequnique, and just a regular FAT-format..

The hacked offline updater worked now, but it game me an error at first:
wtfr.png

However, when I formatted the drive to just FAT without the tip of 64k cluster etc (given in the useful information-topic you pointed to) it worked.

However! My DS-X is empty. 0 bytes used, 1.94GB left.. I have formatted the card lots of times, and I have manually deleted all the files before the format.. I took a backup of my apps-folder, but it's still untouched on my desktop.

Now here's the messed up thing..

I took my DS-X, with NO space used, no files on it, formatted 10 times or more, and inserted it into my DS.
I booted the DS, selected the DS-X from the startmenu-thingy, and it fucking boots to Prof Layton 2, still a black screen and music in the background.

Hooow the hell is that even remotely possible?! It boggles my mind.. :/
I've tried my bought DS-games, and they work as they should, so it's not my DS itself..

pbolmstedt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pesaroso said:
I booted the DS, selected the DS-X from the startmenu-thingy, and it fucking boots to Prof Layton 2, still a black screen and music in the background.
Auto-boot is still on. You have to keep some buttons (don't remember which) depressed while DS-X starts.

pesaroso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pbolmstedt said:
pesaroso said:
Auto-boot is still on. You have to keep some buttons (don't remember which) depressed while DS-X starts.
Aha, thanks! I had to press the A button
biggrin.gif
Now it boots properly, and according to the "?"-mark in the upright corner, I'm on 1.1.3... But HOW can I even run the OS without any files on the drive? Am I still missing something here?

pbolmstedt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pesaroso said:
pbolmstedt said:
pesaroso said:
Aha, thanks! I had to press the A button
biggrin.gif
Now it boots properly, and according to the "?"-mark in the upright corner, I'm on 1.1.3... But HOW can I even run the OS without any files on the drive? Am I still missing something here?
The OS isn't on the drive! It's on the FPGA. Or something. It's all black magic to me. Formatting the card doesn't actually remove anything, it just tells any user of the card that all the space is available. So when DS-X knew exactly where to find good old professor Layton, it could still do it.

pesaroso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Aha, okay then
biggrin.gif

Anyway, thanks a LOT mate, you've been truly helpful! I'm just gonna have to live with Prof Layton 2 not working
frown.gif

But I fixed my card thanks to your awesome tips, and I can game again ;D Cheers!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    Taking more time to load the page than to fire up the paper towel is an issue
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's worse is the dinosaur game popping up when the lotion comes out
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    You use paper towels too? :rofl2:
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    Better keep the safe place 'safe'
    Bounty. The quicker picker upper? lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Aloe vera now with rgb
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    On a serious note, have you tested your ISP DNS answer time ?
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    Last time i've checked, my ISP was like 5/6 ms slower than Cloudflare x)
    yeah. I've tried changing dns too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Check cpuid make sure ram sockets are detected
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    (and i'm fibered, 5gb shared downloads, 1gb upload)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or even in bios
    its mostly when starting firefox that it's noticible slower. Opening and loading the homepage. Tried fresh installs and all.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Knowing your system specs would help
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    if you're in win 11, have you checked which graphical processor Firefox was using ?
    after it's open, its a bit slower too at loading pages, but not as noticeable as the initial startup and homepage loading
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    can make a little difference
    You mean as in hardware acceleration on or off?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Went to make cup noodles, spilled boiling water on me then the kettle decided to pop
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why I saw a kettle with wifi
    Will try that now
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    ouch @K3Nv2 hope nothing's too bad !
    xda a good site. My go to site for phone shit. :)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Females have burnt me worse
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Females have burnt me worse