Hacking Firmware 1.0.2 or 1.1.0?

br0pbr0p

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't visited the DS-X site for a long time (got no reason to) and I have not done any firmware upgrade since 1.0.2.

I see people have lots of problem but honestly, my DS-X has worked perfectly fine for me. Aside from the Arm7.bin issue, which I just use DSlazy to replace, it works fine for me.

However, for some reason, Professor Layton (Rom:2002) does not seem to work for me. So my question is, will it work if I change my firmware? I see on Wiki that it works with 1.1.2 but I see that 1.1.2 isn't exactly the best firmware to use.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

amemoryoncelost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think firmware has anything to do with whether a game is going to work or not, but I suppose it could since I haven't updated mine either. I would wait and see if anyone else is getting it to work with 1.1.2 before updating the firmware. I had some games that would not work at all, with or without the arm7 fix, so wait and see. Better than updating the firmware and having even more issues

br0pbr0p

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think firmware has anything to do with whether a game is going to work or not, but I suppose it could since I haven't updated mine either. I would wait and see if anyone else is getting it to work with 1.1.2 before updating the firmware. I had some games that would not work at all, with or without the arm7 fix, so wait and see. Better than updating the firmware and having even more issues

This is the first game that didn't work for me. I checked on Wiki and it said it worked with Arm7 fix with 1.1.2. I am just not sure if firmware has anything to do with it. =\

amemoryoncelost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
luxor pharohs challenge would not work, arm7 fix or not, but eh, go ahead an update, I just know there was an issue where people started having problems after updating the firmware. I actually just put mine in a box(sold it) and should be receiving my cyclo sometime in the next week or two..

br0pbr0p

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
luxor pharohs challenge would not work, arm7 fix or not, but eh, go ahead an update, I just know there was an issue where people started having problems after updating the firmware. I actually just put mine in a box(sold it) and should be receiving my cyclo sometime in the next week or two..

I am going to change to R4 soon. Going to get my parents to buy it for me from HK, dealextreme is out of stock. I guess I will just wait to play that game later.

the newgod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wouldn't update. I have heard of many problems from updating, even though I don't use mine anymore I will always keep it at 1.0.2

I second that, you are essentially playing Russian roulette with your card if you update. I updated my card and a friends to 1.1.2 and a few days later his just stopped working, but mine still works fine. Its messed up because we got our cards at the same time from the same batch and when I updated them I did it on the same laptop one after the other five minutes apart!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.