Firelink saves

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by cocoroco, May 13, 2008.

May 13, 2008

Firelink saves by cocoroco at 8:31 PM (1,087 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. cocoroco
    OP

Newcomer cocoroco Newbie

United States
    Hi guys. I have yugioh WC 2008 and i downloaded a save for it from this site. the problem though is that it won't recognize it and it either keeps on playing my game or makes me start a new game. I don't know what else there is to do for it since it is a .sav file and i put it in the folder that my game is in. If anyone knows anything please let me know.

2. leinad

Member leinad GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Some important facts:
    1. After playing, the ".sav" of a game is stored in a temporary space. It will be written to the card when loading the menu.
    So if you start YUGIOH, turn off your DS, Now go into USB mode and transfer a savefile, then boot YUGIOH, it would make no sense.
    Before copying the manipulated save to the card, you will have to start a game other than yugioh.

2. Cards use diffrent ways to save, Example: A G6 Card save file won't work on your Firelink.
    You will have to convert it ( http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php )

3. cocoroco
    OP

Newcomer cocoroco Newbie

United States
    Ok so i converted an Action Replay .duc save into an NCard .sav save. What do i do with it?

4. FireEmblemGuy

Member FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

United States
    Run a game other than the Yugioh one, then hook it up in USB mode and overwrite the Yugioh save(rename it how the other one was, then drag it on to the card. Hit yes when it asks if you want to replace the file).

5. cocoroco
    OP

Newcomer cocoroco Newbie

United States
    Yup that did it. Thanks alot