Firelink and Final Fantasy

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by TyDoMaster, Mar 27, 2008.

1. TyDoMaster
    OP

TyDoMaster Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2008
    United States
    Hello and Might I just say this is my first time on GBAtemp forum!

Anyway I have a Firelink card and a legally purchased copy of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicals: Ring of Fates,
    but I want to play it with my brother so I copied it (myself) onto my firelink. it would not run as you might have guessed and, after much research I found an answer: dissable the DLDI auto patch feature. It works and after 12 hrs of play no trouble.
    Here's the problem: now that the DLDI auto patch is dissabled, none of my homebrew will work. I patched some my self (using nrio.dldi) and now things like 3 in 1 backup tool, and 3 in 1 gba tools work. the real trouble is that moonshell and dsorganize don't work no matter what I do!

if anyone else has had this problem or if you have any helpful info I'd really appreciate the help.

Thanks!

2. paul1991

paul1991 Banned

Banned
    May 5, 2007
    United States
    The problem you are having is caused by the DLDI patch. The one on your computer is slightly different than the one your card auto-patches with. I am doing research and am trying to fix this, but my writer is broken so testing is harder. I have to use NOSGBA to test integrity of the ROMS.

3. TyDoMaster
    OP

TyDoMaster Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2008
    United States
    Thanks.
    Keep me posted (might need to send me a PM though as I don't know how long this thread will be here)

Looking forward to what you find out.

By the way, although I have no idea what you are doing, or what is involved, i would be happy to test those roms if you want.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice