firecard battery?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by jerronimo3000, Jul 30, 2008.

Jul 30, 2008

firecard battery? by jerronimo3000 at 8:26 AM (789 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. jerronimo3000
    OP

Newcomer jerronimo3000 Advanced Member

United States
    I heard something about there being a battery in the firecard..... is this true? I don't want my firecard giving out on me.... you don't NEED a battery for it to work. Right? thanks for your help.

2. golden

Member golden What a Digital Dummy!!!

United States
    IDK if it has a battery or not but I doubt it. No you don't need a battery for it to work. All saves even pokemon DP don't need batteries so even if it has a battery inside you can take it out and still have all the saves working perfectly although if it really does have a battery it is probably because of something the firecard needs to do so touching it might not be a good idea anyway. [​IMG]

You can always open it up by yourself to check if it has a battery or not but again I doubt it does.

Hope that helped.

3. jerronimo3000
    OP

United States
    Thanks, that did help. I doubted it had a battery cuz it would be the first time i'd heard of it and i've had my firecard for a few months. also don't think i'll be taking it apart to find out! [​IMG]

4. leinad

Member leinad GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    there IS a batery ;p ever heard of SRAM ?

Its needed to hold Save-Data after turning of your DS.
    If it runs out [Whatt shouldnt happen since Ive heard it charges] you wont be able to turn off your DS careless.
    BUT you still can play homebrews w/o problems.
    And thanks to SoftReset you can still save, since the save-data only is hold in sram some secs.

5. jerronimo3000
    OP

United States
    actually, I have heard of SRAM. In fact I just got a SRAM error today. and that's not the first time. does that mean my battery is running out?