Fire!

Discussion in 'The Edge of the Forum' started by deathfisaro, Jun 28, 2008.

1. deathfisaro
    OP

deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Mar 16, 2007
    Canada
    Vancouver, BC
    A building that's like 2 houses down the block caught fire today around lunch.

I was watching a movie with my girlfriend and the sirens outside were so really very loud. I looked out the window and there were like 4 fire fighters on the roof of that building pumping water.

I live on the 8th floor and the burning building was 4 story villa kind of thing so I had an excellent view. I think there were at least 4 fire engines and like a dozen fire fighters.

It took over an hour to put the fire out and clean up. I never knew extinguishing fire was such a long work.

Also, it was surprisingly not interesting to watch for long. Fire + Fire Fighters sounded like a sight to see, but meh.

Now I can see the skeleton of the building, and tons of water pumped from the roof must have damaged nearly all suites on lower levels as well. I feel sorry for those people.

I just found out this story is covered:
    http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/st...57-9d683cf3f846
    Well a helicopter was flying for couple dozen minutes, there may be video footage if I dig around.

I remember someone here on GBATemp has spotted and reported fire, I never noticed until police and fire fighteres came =P

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice