Fire!

Discussion in 'The Edge of the Forum' started by deathfisaro, Jun 28, 2008.

Jun 28, 2008

Fire! by deathfisaro at 4:21 AM (419 Views / 0 Likes) 0 replies

1. deathfisaro
    OP

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    A building that's like 2 houses down the block caught fire today around lunch.

I was watching a movie with my girlfriend and the sirens outside were so really very loud. I looked out the window and there were like 4 fire fighters on the roof of that building pumping water.

I live on the 8th floor and the burning building was 4 story villa kind of thing so I had an excellent view. I think there were at least 4 fire engines and like a dozen fire fighters.

It took over an hour to put the fire out and clean up. I never knew extinguishing fire was such a long work.

Also, it was surprisingly not interesting to watch for long. Fire + Fire Fighters sounded like a sight to see, but meh.

Now I can see the skeleton of the building, and tons of water pumped from the roof must have damaged nearly all suites on lower levels as well. I feel sorry for those people.

I just found out this story is covered:
    http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/st...57-9d683cf3f846
    Well a helicopter was flying for couple dozen minutes, there may be video footage if I dig around.

I remember someone here on GBATemp has spotted and reported fire, I never noticed until police and fire fighteres came =P