Fire Red bootleg

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by ShadowFyre, Apr 12, 2013.

Apr 12, 2013

Fire Red bootleg by ShadowFyre at 1:29 AM (534 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. ShadowFyre
    OP

Member ShadowFyre GBAtemp Fan

United States
    No, this isn't a shoddy rom hack. I recently found an pearl blue Gameboy Advance SP AGS-101 laying on the floor near school when walking home. After looking to see if anyone was around me that could have owned it, I pocketed the thing. Inside was a Fire Red cartridge. Obviously bootlegged due to the labeling and the cartridge itself.

What I wanted to know was if there was anything I could do to the Fire Red cartridge to somehow fix it, as it deletes its save file upon the SP shutting off.

2. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    Beat the game in one playthrough.

Those Chinese bootlegs are a bit iffy, either there's nothing you can do or there's that battery I believe that handles saving(?) in it.

3. ShadowFyre
    OP

Member ShadowFyre GBAtemp Fan

United States
    What would I have to do? Change the battery in the cartridge? I laughed when I saw it in there considering Fire Red doesn't even have a day/night cycle..

4. 59672

Member 59672 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Battery would be for keeping the save. Dead battery = no saving. Could have died over time or gotten wet and discharged the battery